SASS Wire Forum

Pumpkin Spice Spam

Yul Lose

I like Spam but Mrs. Lose won’t allow it in the house. I don’t know if I like it well enough to try the limited edition of Pumpkin Spice Spam. How about you?

Pumpkin Spice Spam, huh?

my O my!   :-0    I dunno.......

CB   :-)

Fried Spam and eggs first thing in the morning, sure.

Pumpkin spice Spam... just cannot begin to imagine the yuk.

I make and enjoy a delicious pumpkin spice schnapps. I enjoy pumpkin spice flavored coffee this time of year and of course all the pumpkin pie I can get hold of.

But as far as the Spam goes, I have never had a liking for it.

Some guy showed up at the range with a Wally World 100 pack of Winchester 12 gauge with a Pumpkin Spice label on it.  It's gotten to the point of parody.

Stopped by the coffee counter in the supermarket the other day. Cheryl, the lady who runs it says, “Hi Bob. What do you want today?”

I said, “I’ll tell ya what I don’t want. Anything with pumpkin spice that ain’t a piece of pie”

”Boy ya got that right”, she says.

Pumpkin spice Spam.....GAK.....Pumpkin pie, oh yeah, all day!

AG

I'd try it but I wouldn't buy it.Not a big pumpkin kinda guy. I LOVE fried Spam. When my dad was alive he wouldn't touch the stuff. Pretty much lived on it in the So. Pacific in WWII. After I fried it up a few times camping even he came around.

JHC

No thank you.  Maybe for fun I could buy a can of the pumpkin spice spam for the emergency food bag and next time the power goes out make it for supper.  Better yet next time a child goes on a school field trip and needs a lunch,  pack a sandwich made with pumpkin spice spam

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Too bad there's not a vomit emoji!!! I like spam but pumpkin?? Yeeeeecccchhhhh

No pumpkin,  just the seasonings that go into pumpkin pie.   Seasonings that go well with ham and pork loin.

The reviews I've read about it saw that not only is it just "not too bad, " but surprisingly tasty.  Subtle use of the spices.  

Pumpkin spice in punkin pie!!  Elsewise??  NYETT

I don't quite get the dogs about the spice blend.  Other than that it is being overdone commercially. 

I've made many a ham or pork roast with cinnamon,  ginger,  nutmeg, and cloves.   Also lamb. Works with ground beef,  too - think pastitcio (sp?) or some gyro meat. 

4 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Too bad there's not a vomit emoji!!! I like spam but pumpkin?? Yeeeeecccchhhhh

OH!  But there IS......just not a selection in the prim-and-proper SASS Wire emoji library.

Cat Brules

It's funny, I do like SPAM, but it seems to sit in the pantry for ages before I open a can and eat it! Then think to myself this stuff is pretty good! Then it's ages again B4 opening another one.:). But, with pumkin, that sounds GAK to me. I would try a sample at the store however.

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I don't quite get the dogs about the spice blend.  Other than that it is being overdone commercially. 

I've made many a ham or pork roast with cinnamon,  ginger,  nutmeg, and cloves.   Also lamb. Works with ground beef,  too - think pastitcio (sp?) or some gyro meat. 

I understand, Joe.  I just like my ham on the smokey, salty side.  A cajun spiced ham is good too.  My mom did hams for thanksgiving and easter and she always did the cloves and sweet spices routine.  I'd eat a slice or two, sometimes, and then go for the turkey with it's sage and pepper and savory spices.  

I do like the pumpkin type spices in sweet potato pies and some of those spices go well with baked or fried apples.

On 10/26/2019 at 4:58 PM, Yul Lose said:

I like Spam but Mrs. Lose won’t allow it in the house. I don’t know if I like it well enough to try the limited edition of Pumpkin Spice Spam. How about you?

It's limited edition because it was probably canned in 1961.  :rolleyes:

Archived