SASS Wire Forum

Uberti one of a kind

Rye Miles #13621

The grips, backstrap, trigger guard and all the screws are from a junked up nickled Uberti. The rest of the gun is a new Uberti I bought that had an 1860 grip. I didn't like it so my friend (gunsmith) put this together for me. The action is smooth as silk.

IMG_1826.JPG

NIIICE!!!

In period, it was not uncommon for experienced pistoleros to prefer used revolvers:  they were worn in and smoooooth.

You've combined comfort, good looks, and smoooooth.

Well done!

44 minutes ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

NIIICE!!!

In period, it was not uncommon for experienced pistoleros to prefer used revolvers:  they were worn in and smoooooth.

Well done!

Thanks but I didn't do it, my friend did. He's a "kitchen table" gunsmith and was actually the one that got me into cowboy shooting. He no longer does CAS but still shoots and loves to work on Single Actions especially Colts!

Yeah, very attractive!!   Plus, if it shoots, is nicer functionally and handles well then, all the “mo better!”.

Cat Brules

2 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

:lol:  Linn K.... Are you talking about the Uberti or Rye's Sneakers :o

I want you to know those are genuine New Balance!! No Nikes for me!!:D

33 minutes ago, Fence Cutter said:

Nice.

So........

...... what will become of the 1860 Army grip and frame that you took off?:ph34r:

I think my gunsmith has it still. Why are you interested ?

7 minutes ago, Fence Cutter said:

I think I may be.

Could you send me a P. M. If you'd like to get rid of the grip, the grip frame and the trigger guard.

I’ll ask him tomorrow if he still has it, he worked on the gun a few months ago. I’ll pm ya!;)

16 hours ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

NIIICE!!!

Well done!

My favorite 870 I bought in a pawn shop. Not much blue left. Took me over an hour to clean it, had grass seeds inside the top of the receiver. When I did get her cleaned and lubed she's slicker than snot on a doorknob! :)

JHC

12 hours ago, Fence Cutter said:

I think I may be.

Could you send me a P. M. If you'd like to get rid of the grip, the grip frame and the trigger guard.

I sent you a pm, just now.

Archived