SASS Wire Forum

Brigadier Gen. Vincent Buggs

Subdeacon Joe

Soldier surprises students who began writing letters to him in kindergarten while he was deployed in Iraq

David Emanuel Academy
last Friday

Senior students at DEA had a wonderful surprise visitor this morning! Years ago (kindergarten at DEA), these children formed a special bond through pen pal letters to then, Major Buggs. Their kind gesture formed a special bond that is still remembered fondly to this day. Today, also Senior Day at DEA, BG Vincente Buggs 364th ESC Commander paid them a special surprise visit. The children enjoyed hearing how their simple gestures years ago impacted a life in such a big way. What a treat to have Gen. Buggs reminisce fondly of a special time for all of them. Small gestures of kindness really do impact in mighty ways!

Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling, people standing

That’s pretty cool.

Very cool. It’s nice they got to meet. 

When I was in 3rd grade we wrote letters to soldiers in Vietnam. We never received answers. I often wondered if the letters actually reached the intended recipients. They weren’t to anyone in particular. I think they were addressed to Company’s that my teacher was told were in Vietnam. It was as a fun project, regardless. 

Archived