SASS Wire Forum

A cat named Robert

Utah Bob #35998

Creepin around. Waitin for Trick or Treaters.

Bobcat 10-20-19.jpg

Bobcatbutt.jpg

That’s the little fish less pond in the back yard. The stream only has water in the Springtime for about  a week.

35 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Would that be Dove Creek Bob?

Nope. Dove Creek is about 12 miles to the northwest. Sharp’s Creek is closer. It’s mostly dry too. ;)

20 minutes ago, Assassin said:

Dry Creek.

https://www.drycreekvineyard.com Been there. Good stuff. :D

I'm pretty sure there's a Dry Creek in every county out west. There's also an Elk Mountain in every western state.

Good pic's Bob. I've got some really good fox pictures, I need to figure out how to post them.

Dry Creek Bob strolled into town just before the Saloon closed at two AM. He had a glint in both eyes and a look of orneriness about him. He was a slick creature, he moved quiet and he was light on his feet. He only hung around for a couple of minutes but he always left an impression and the townsfolk loved to share stories and anecdotes about him in the days after he made his appearances...

;)

I do need to get a better trail cam.

10 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I do need to get a better trail cam.

What is a decent trailcam for a budget price? We've got some critter messing with our bird feeders and I would like to know how it's coming into the yard and what it is before I set up traps.

23 minutes ago, Charlie Plasters, SASS#60943 said:

What is a decent trailcam for a budget price? We've got some critter messing with our bird feeders and I would like to know how it's coming into the yard and what it is before I set up traps.

After hunting season Walmart usually marks down their cameras 50-75%. I got this one for $25 a few years ago. Takes pics or movies in daylight or infrared at night. Programmable for time. Not a bad camera but I want one with a little better resolution and Wifi.

TrailCam1.jpg

17 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Dry Creek Bob strolled into town just before the Saloon closed at two AM. He had a glint in both eyes and a look of orneriness about him. He was a slick creature, he moved quiet and he was light on his feet. He only hung around for a couple of minutes but he always left an impression and the townsfolk loved to share stories and anecdotes about him in the days after he made his appearances...

;)

This has the makings of a good Saloon story.

For what it's worth, them boogers are now protected in california.  After all, they are sooo cute, don'tcha know~!  ;)

Beats the feral cats we got wandering around here. got a few people that keep feeding them and one in particular keeps a kitten machine in food and won't get it fixed as she's the only one that can actually touch it:rolleyes::angry::blush:

18 hours ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Beats the feral cats we got wandering around here. got a few people that keep feeding them and one in particular keeps a kitten machine in food and won't get it fixed as she's the only one that can actually touch it:rolleyes::angry::blush:

I once read a study on the number of birds killed by feral cats in Britain. It was a stunning number.

6 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I once read a study on the number of birds killed by feral cats in Britain. It was a stunning number.

They are just a devastating on the bird population here in the states.

15 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

They are just a devastating on the bird population here in the states.

I know. It’s just that the research I read was from Britain.

Archived