SASS Wire Forum

Rugged Gear "seat" placement question?

I just bought one of those nifty "folding seats" for my 4 gun Rugged Gear cart.  

I remember some folks who had them didn't follow Rugged Gear's suggestion for installation due to the fact that it inhibited folding of the cart.

Can someone please let me know the best place to install it on my 4 gun cart so it folds and is most useful?

Pictures would be a bonus.

Thanks

The bar goes parallel to the rear axle. Basically just in front of it.  

I tried one, did not care for it. It took up some space under the long guns where I put extra Bullets etc. and I did not find it stable. 
plus when the cart was folded it stood up too high to fit under the bed cover on my truck. 

1 hour ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!!  Rolan!!  Did you really give up that fabulous Steampunk Kart for a (uck) Rugged Gear????    NOOOOOOOOOOOO. :ph34r:

Yes, I still have my Steampunk cart.  It's just the older I get, the more convenient it is to have the Rugged Gear cart.

Just my thoughts.. :blink:

and I haven't seen a picture of one mounted to the cart..

but I would fear all that extra weight (me) on the wheels and axles.. :wacko:

would cause problems.. Unless it has legs to the ground for support..

I carry a folding stool..

Rance ;)

again.. :huh: just my thinkin.. :mellow:

23 minutes ago, Rance - SASS # 54090 said:

Just my thoughts.. :blink:

and I haven't seen a picture of one mounted to the cart..

but I would fear all that extra weight (me) on the wheels and axles.. :wacko:

would cause problems.. Unless it has legs to the ground for support..

I carry a folding stool..

Rance ;)

again.. :huh: just my thinkin.. :mellow:

Rance,

It is pretty slick.  It rotates to the side when you're ready to move the cart, and is "spring loaded" so it rests on the ground when you sit, but then lifts up when you're ready to stow it and move.

The one I have went directly in front of the axle. It is spring loaded so rides above the ground when moving and sits firmly on the ground when sitting. As far as folding my cart folds exactly the same as without it, but I pull the seat off the bar (it slides in and out easily) to keep things balanced when loading or unloading. I also left the bar a touch loose and move it a little so it goes through doors at the house easier. Only caution I could give is be sure to set/unset your wheel locks or it will move on uneven ground.

regards 

Gateway Kid

Archived