SASS Wire Forum

seems like every world series the same debate

Trigger Mike

This year seems t be no exception to the yearly debate over which team will do better.  The team that finished the playoffs early or the team that only got 1 day of rest before the World Series.  Last night and tonight the announcers brought it up.  They even said that the team with no rest had a 6-1 record, yet here we are and the rested team won last night and will likely win tonight.(It is 11-2 as I write).  Why do they rehash that subject every year?

Gives them something to talk about, that’s what they’re paid to do.

That's skeered me about this series from the beginning of the playoffs. It's been my observation that the team with the best record almost never wins it all. 'Stros better right the ship PDQ or they'll prove my theory.

JHC:(

2 hours ago, Charlie Plasters, SASS#60943 said:

Hope this isn't taking the topic too far off.  I don't like inter-league play so I am wondering if the results of inter-league play were removed would the same teams have made the playoffs?

Interesting question, the AL definitely has the disadvantage when playing the NL. 

10 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

The thing worse than rehashing topics is dead air.  They need to keep talking.

3 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Gives them something to talk about, that’s what they’re paid to do.

Yeah, but what do they do with their hands? :P

Actually, I cannot watch sports commentators. "Blather, Blather (hands flitting around for no reason) blather blather, blah, blah"

The mark of a good baseball broadcaster is - You can close your eyes and see every aspect of the game in progress.

Vince Scully knew when to talk and more importantly..... When not to.

6 hours ago, Charlie Plasters, SASS#60943 said:

Hope this isn't taking the topic too far off.  I don't like inter-league play so I am wondering if the results of inter-league play were removed would the same teams have made the playoffs?

I'm with you.  Don't care for interleague play, don't care for the unbalanced schedule.   I don't like them adding "luck of the draw" into the mix.  

5 hours ago, Wild Will Bartell said:

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again...

The one thing that would improve my World Series viewing experience is if Joe Buck got laryngitis.

I could do well without him too. My wife doesn't understand why I often mute the TV watching a game. I can watch the game just fine without their (usually) mindless drivel.

JHC

Seems like every televised sport has at least one "sports expert" that constantly runs his/her mouth with stats or usually about nothing. The Joe Buck type is nothing new. If you think Joe Buck is annoying in baseball, listen to Jeff Burton and Dale Earnhardt Jr. in NASCAR. Now that's annoying as hell.

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

Seems like every televised sport has at least one "sports expert" that constantly runs his/her mouth with stats or usually about nothing. The Joe Buck type is nothing new. If you think Joe Buck is annoying in baseball, listen to Jeff Burton and Dale Earnhardt Jr. in NASCAR. Now that's annoying as hell.

Phil Simms as a broadcaster in the NFL is like getting an ice pick driven into your eardrum, IMHO, of course.

Here's our radio guy here in Cleveland, Tom Hamilton, I think he's the best!! Four calls here, listen to all of them!!

Archived