SASS Wire Forum

When it rains.......it pours.

Utah Bob #35998

Pourin bad luck on me. Got the water leak fixed and now the windshield on the Subaru took a rock on the highway. Nice 10” crack. At least the auto glass guy has one in stock. Already replaced one windshield last September. Arrrhggh.

Nobody’s hurt!

It’s just money...:rolleyes:

Had to replace the alternator on Ol’ Green a couple of months ago.  Last week, the battery gave up the ghost.  First time for an alternator in 385,000 miles, but of course the battery was just out of warranty.

Winter is on its way. Wonder what’s next?

Coming back from Wyoming from my hunting trip, got a rock in my F350's windshield. I get at least one a year.

My son owns a trucking business and has replaced 6 or 7 of them this year in his 18 wheeler.

59 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Nobody’s hurt!

Had to replace the alternator on Ol’ Green a couple of months ago.  Last week, the battery gave up the ghost.  First time for an alternator in 385,000 miles, but of course the battery was just out of warranty.

SNOW????

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Nobody’s hurt!

I highly recommend that you don’t say that while near your vehicle...trust me ;)

They have ears. 

“ I wonder what’s next!?”

CHECK YOUR TIRES!    :o

Cat Brules

2 hours ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

Coming back from Wyoming from my hunting trip, got a rock in my F350's windshield. I get at least one a year.

My son owns a trucking business and has replaced 6 or 7 of them this year in his 18 wheeler.

I don’t know how many chips I’ve had filled. But you get a crack and pretty much screwed. Crappy thing is it’s a month too late. Gotta pat the deductible. :angry:

2 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Didn't that poor Subaru once have a run-in with hail...?  :huh:

No that was the Forester. $8,000 worth of hail damage back in ‘16. Despite environmental and road disasters, I’m a big Subaru fan now. Great vehicles.

Things breaking and going south is a pain, in last 12 months replaced a furnace that went out in middle of winter (took almost 2 weeks), then repaired new furnace after basement flooded and took out water heater too and damage lots of stuff stored there. Then ride mower broke - paid to fix it and turns out they didn't and ended up having to get a new ride mower. Then well had problems and had 3 different well people look at it and none could figure out why there was so much air and thus crap from the pipes getting in the system, that finally cleared up on it's own after a couple of months and 4 toliet tank valve replacements and 2 showerheads. Then went to turn on heat for winter and the furnace was out again and had to relace the whole control board. Stuff happens, but at least this year I didn't have to go into the hospital for heart problems like the last two years, so I count it as a better year this year so far. 

12 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

“ I wonder what’s next!?”

CHECK YOUR TIRES!    :o

Cat Brules

New tires all the way around!!  $1,200.00 worth.  It takes six and the old ones had 70,000 miles on 'em, (four rotations) and were completely used up!

This was an expensive day.

At least my deductable is satisfied. :(

Archived