SASS Wire Forum

CLASSIC COWBOY SHOWDOWN 2020 *** Venue change due to Covid-19***.

Major Art Tillery

CLASSIC COWBOY SHOWDOWN 2020

ARE YOU TOUGH ENOUGH?

I am once again throwing down a challenge to all the Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl Shooters for 2020!!   That is right,  a challenge has been issued for you take on the challenge of the Classic Cowboy Showdown!  Do you Accept?

I have had a lot of interest in bringing the Showdown to several clubs for 2020... and I appreciate all the offers I have received.  Thank You All! 

But for 2020 the Classic Cowboy Showdown will be held in conjunction with:

FORT DES MOINES RANGERS

The 2020 Sass Iowa State Championship

May 22 - 24th, 2020

http://www.fortdesmoinesrangers.com/

ENTRY: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KxF2i6FA2F19FeWjritOoWpY2mcaej94/view?usp=drivesdk

This will be held over memorial weekend and you should be there!  Unless.... YOUR SCARED!?

The Showdown is something I started in 2017.  I wanted to get a big group of classic shooters together for a great match, so I put up a custom buckle for the top Classic Shooter!  In 2017 we had a group of about 7-8 classic.... followed by a few more in 2018... but in 2019 we had about 23 CLASSICS!!  So this thing is really taking off! 

So once again I am putting up an amazing buckle for the top Classic Shooter! ***We now have a buckle up for grabs for the top classic Black Powder shooter too!*** I would even put up a buckle for the Classic Cowgirls as well if we can get a few signed up!  Again this year, with some help from fellow shooters, we will also have some amazing 2" custom Conchos for several placements as well!

The Classic Category is, in my mind, the greatest category in SASS!  To shoot this category you have to be willing to not only dress the part, but also shoot the bigger caliber firearms!   So I urge you.. sign up for the Showdown in 2020 and come hang out with the greatest bunch of folks in SASS in Iowa May 22-24th, 2020.  Please help spread the word and keep checking back as many things will be added to this post.

I would like to do several things this year for the showdown.... including:

-  Classic Dinner ?

-  Speed Duelist and Hammered Side match ?

-  John Wayne Museum ?

If you have any suggestions please feel free to contact me.

Plan to attend, let me know and will add name to the list!

UPDATES :

10-29-19 **** A fellow Classic stepped up and offer up a Champion Buckle for the Top BLACK POWDER Classic Shooter!

11-8-19 **** Entries to the match are now available.

2-22-20 *** Black Powder Buckle has arrived.

PSX_20200222_164259.thumb.jpg.2e095bbe190aee13b6bd1d35ea3bb5ea.jpg

WHO'S COMING LIST

(Confirmed - *)

Major Art Tillery (KS) *

High Plains Hud (KS)

Pony Soldier (OK) *

Pit Mule (IA) *

Stirrup Trouble (NE)

Chili Pepper Kid (IA) *

3 Shot Shamrock (MO) * BP

Riverboat Red (MN) * BP

Partner's Partner (IL) * BP

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Put me down as tentative. Waiting to see how many vacation days I have for 2020 with using some early for Winter Range

(Pictured Below)  - 2019 Classic Cowboy Showdown... that was held in conjunctuon with the Butterfield Gulch Gang's annual in Kansas. What a great group of classics that was!

PSX_20190506_213351.jpg

So come on don't miss out sign up for the Showdown 2020

21 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

(Pictured Below)  - 2019 Classic Cowboy Showdown... that was held in conjunctuon with the Butterfield Gulch Gang's annual in Kansas. What a great group of classics that was!

PSX_20190506_213351.jpg

So come on don't miss out sign up for the Showdown 2020

I put this on the Pistoleros facebook page as the home page picture! Good luck all you Pistoleros!!;)

Yaaaahooo!! Looking forward to hosting y'all. I'll see what kinda fun I can round up as this is my home club. 

That's a busy weekend for the nearby John Wayne Birthplace Museum located in Winterset. They have the birthday celebration going on. The schedule of events for that is not out yet. 

Indianola is the nearest town to the range and has good motels and restaurants.  My favorite stop after shooting is the Outside Scoop for Ice Cream. https://www.outside-scoop.com

11 minutes ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

no long range rifle?

I'll check with the board. They have done it before. Right now the club is having the annual elections for the board members. After that we're gonna start planning the State match.

I'm going to try to make it Major. Sure had a blast at the last one!!!

Jax T

Ha ha, I think the Henry is still recovering from last time. :D   Pm me if you need help with awards or anything.  

PAST BUCKLE WINNERS:

2017 - High Plains Hud

2018 - Major Art Tillery (more of a survival match.. Freak ice storm in April, 25 degrees and windy! You all that made it sure will never forget!)

2019 - T- Bone Dooley

2020 -  ????  To be determined!  

(Pictured Below) 2018 Classic Cowboy Showdown shooters, held in conjunction with Nebraska State match.  Freak Ice storm unfortunately caused many to cancel or not shoot that year.  Lets just say....brrrrr.  ***Not all classics made the photo***

PSX_20180813_223914.jpg.a625669214bba6591fc17346a1960e93.jpg

Just put it on my calendar as a place holder. Will see as it gets closer.  Had a GREAT time last year.  Have never shot in Iowa before.

Scout

13 minutes ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Just put it on my calendar as a place holder. Will see as it gets closer.  Had a GREAT time last year.  Have never shot in Iowa before.

Scout

Me either... Sounds like a great match.  I sure hope to shoot with you again... Had a blast last year!

21 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Me either... Sounds like a great match.  I sure hope to shoot with you again... Had a blast last year!

Me Too

20190504_101026.jpg

20190505_103820.jpg

PSX_20190508_123339.jpg

22 hours ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Scout

If ya have any questions about Iowa let me know. We have a great range with 12 separate stages.

1. Wagon

2. Log cabin

3. Church

4.Barbershop

5.Jail

6.Saloon

7. Hardware shop

8. Bank

9. Hotel

10. Livery

11. Railroad

12. Fort

Here's a photo of the church stage front.

10414486_529565437149105_2985552090623519902_n.jpg

1 hour ago, Chili Pepper Kid, SASS #60463 said:

If ya have any questions about Iowa let me know. We have a great range with 12 separate stages.

1. Wagon

2. Log cabin

3. Church

4.Barbershop

5.Jail

6.Saloon

7. Hardware shop

8. Bank

9. Hotel

10. Livery

11. Railroad

12. Fort

Must have been red shirt Friday.

2 hours ago, Chili Pepper Kid, SASS #60463 said:

1. Wagon

2. Log cabin

3. Church

4.Barbershop

5.Jail

6.Saloon

7. Hardware shop

8. Bank

9. Hotel

10. Livery

11. Railroad

12. Fort

Chili... Any idea when entries will be out?  The church looks great!

Archived