SASS Wire Forum

CLASSIC COWBOY SHOWDOWN 2020 *** Venue change due to Covid-19***.

Major Art Tillery

UPDATES :

10-29-19 **** A fellow Classic stepped up and offered up a Champion Buckle for the Top BLACK POWDER Classic Shooter!

We now have a buckle up for grabs for the top classic shooter, shooting Black Powder at the 2020 Classic Cowboy Showdown!  So that makes TWO buckles and SEVEN conchos up for grabs at this years SHOWDOWN!!  WOW!! :o Just make sure to let me know what your planning to shoot!  Folks don't miss out, your going to want to attend this years Showdown held in conjunction with:

FORT DES MOINES RANGERS

The 2020 Sass Iowa State Championship

May 22 - 24th, 2020

http://www.fortdesmoinesrangers.com/

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/29/2019 at 3:23 PM, largo casey #19191 said:

About 1050 miles for me .Gonna hafta figure my MPG.

Largo

That is a good drive Largo... 

Let me know if you folks can make the trip

• 2 weeks later...

CCFC? That's just my game!

:D

This is so much fun!! Thanks Major what a great idea.

SOoo what if some young tall cowboy comes in and beats everbody and shoots BP? :DHe get both buckles then? ouch that would be something!!:D

Just asking!! You know T-bone Was 1st overall last year!.

This is so much fun!! Thanks Major what a great idea.

SOoo what if some young tall cowboy comes in and beats everbody and shoots BP? :DHe get both buckles then? ouch that would be something!!:D

Just asking!! You know T-bone Was 1st overall last year!.

Wouldn't that be crazy?! But nah I would split the buckles still.

You planning on shooting BP?

I’m in! I haven’t shot CC in a long time but when I did I always used real BP. I called it “Ultra Classic Cowboy.” The hardest part will be remembering to only pull one pistol at a time. 

Great!!  I will add you to the "Who's Coming" list.  BP?  Where are you from?

It will be a blast!!!

For those that don’t want to dry camp...the state park campground usually fills up as soon as you can make reservations. The fairgrounds in Indianola has camping...first come first served. Haven’t ever seen it full. Shower house. Water and electric. Dump station. 

For those that don’t want to dry camp...the state park campground usually fills up as soon as you can make reservations. The fairgrounds in Indianola has camping...first come first served. Haven’t ever seen it full. Shower house. Water and electric. Dump station. 

Thanks for the info.. Appreciate it!

• 2 weeks later...

As long as I have been going to the Iowa State Champoinship...you get as much of your brass back as the brass pickers can find.

I’m in! I haven’t shot CC in a long time but when I did I always used real BP. I called it “Ultra Classic Cowboy.” The hardest part will be remembering to only pull one pistol at a time. 

Hill Billy is trying to talk me into shooting classic..    pulling one pistol sucks!     Ive got most of the requirements and the chaps are being made this winter.    Maybe I should head down with my slow single shot and original 73....   

Hill Billy is trying to talk me into shooting classic..    pulling one pistol sucks!     Ive got most of the requirements and the chaps are being made this winter.    Maybe I should head down with my slow single shot and original 73....   

DO IT!! :lol:  It'll be fun, come and give it a go.  I got a 30" hammered double I would loan you!

Hey Drifter, figure out if your going to make the trip again this year?  Sure hope you can join us.

still undecided....... Headed to South Carolina for a match in a couple of weeks. Will try to decide after that one.

***FREE ENTRY***

We have a free entry to give away, to anyone that plans to shoot as a classic in The Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl Showdown! 

This is my idea of how to get this done.    Send $5, with your alias wrote on it, to the address listed below by March 15th, 2020.  All $5 will be put into a container and one drawn at random for the winner of the free entry!  I will then be in contact with the winner and let them know the great news!   The money will then be sent to the SASS SCHOLARSHIP FUND as a donation from the Classics Cowboys/Cowgirls of The 2020 Showdown.

~WINNER MUST SHOOT AS A CLASSIC~

Address:

CC SHOWDOWN 2020

ATTN: Travis Cady

818 Broadway

Jewell, KS  66949

As long as I have been going to the Iowa State Champoinship...you get as much of your brass back as the brass pickers can find.

That's Great to hear!

I sure hope so...  I use 44-40 and I hate loosing those as well.

You think your going to make the trip Cowtown Scout?

Its definately on my calendar but still a ways off. I haven't shot any cowboy stuff since the last classic showdown. Will have to sometime just to remember how. Also considering smoky instead of smokeless, use to shoot some FCD and Frontiersman so that could be a hoot. 

Archived