SASS Wire Forum

CLASSIC COWBOY SHOWDOWN 2020 *** Venue change due to Covid-19***.

Major Art Tillery

The only ones that lose brass are the people who have rifles that throw brass forward. The bays are not independent so pickers can’t go ahead of th firing line. I think after the day is done...you are allowed to go forward to look for brass. But I would check with Tuco first. He is the range master 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DO IT!! :lol:  It'll be fun, come and give it a go.  I got a 30" hammered double I would loan you!

It's an inside joke with red and I.  I bring out my single shot from time to time. I do ok with it.  Thank you for the offer of the 30" though.  That sounds fun some time I'd like to find a 30" + 10 ga hammered toy to play with

It's an inside joke with red and I.  I bring out my single shot from time to time. I do ok with it.  Thank you for the offer of the 30" though.  That sounds fun some time I'd like to find a 30" + 10 ga hammered toy to play with

10ga would be EPIC!

Evil Dogooder ain't that big. If a 10 gauge didn't knock him over...it might slide him back about 10 feet...

Major Tilly, coming into this late I may have missed it ~ but what is the category description ?  You say bigger guns dose that include rifles also ?  Sounds like fun.  .. .. ..

Limpy

Major Tilly, coming into this late I may have missed it ~ but what is the category description ?  You say bigger guns dose that include rifles also ?  Sounds like fun.  .. .. ..

Limpy

Classic Cowboy / Cowgirl Category... Rules listed in SASS Handbook.

CLASSIC COWBOY/COWGIRL 
• Any Main Match fixed sight model revolver. 
• Revolvers must be shot duelist or double duelist style. See Duelist description for required 
shooting technique. 
• Revolver calibers: .40 caliber rimmed cartridges or larger—revolvers and rifle Examples 
include, but are not limited to, .38-40, .44 Special, .44 Russian, .44 Mag., .44-40, .45 
Schofield, .45 Colt or .36 caliber or larger cap and ball.
• May use any SASS–legal ammunition as long as it adheres to the above caliber restrictions. 
• Rifles: Any 1873 or earlier manufacture SASS–legal rifle or a replica thereof (e.g., 1866 
Winchester, 1860 Henry, 1873 Winchester).
• Shotguns: SASS–legal external hammer double barrel or lever actions.
• Costuming: Must choose at least five of the requirements listed below. All clothing items 
must be worn appropriately during all shooting events and awards ceremonies. 
• Chaps, spurs, cuffs, tie or scarf worn loosely around the neck or with scarf slide, vest, 
pocket watch with full length chain, jacket, sleeve garters, knife, botas, leggings, braces; no 
straw or palm hats allowed.

• In addition to the above items, ladies may choose from the items listed below in order to 
compete within this category:
• Period watch, split riding skirt, bustle, hoops, corset, Victorian style hat (straw allowed), 
period jewelry, period hair ornaments (e.g., feathers), snood, reticule (period handbag), 
period lace up shoes, camisole, bloomers, fishnet stockings, feather boa, cape.
• No Buscadero or drop holster rigs allowed (i.e., part of the grip must be above the belt on 
which the holster hangs).
• Boots are required and must be of traditional design with leather or smooth rubber, non-grip 
enhancing soles. Mocassins are not allowed.
• Hats must be worn for the entire match.

Hope you can make it, best category ever! If you need anything or help getting all the stuff, let me know I will try and help you out! Would love to have you join the ranks!  In addition you can choose to shoot Black Powder as wel!

On 12/29/2019 at 10:20 PM, Limpin Leroy said:

Limpy

Did you have any questions pard?

Major Art Tillary and Dantankerous, are you boy up for CCFCC&B. Might have to make this trip. Only looks like 9 or 10 hours. Haven’t seen you boys for a while. Will talk with Marie and see about getting signed up. Is the main shoot on Saturday and Sunday?

Yes. Saturday and Sunday are the main shoot. Friday will be side matches and mini match

20 hours ago, Lodan B. Fast said:

Major Art Tillary and Dantankerous, are you boy up for CCFCC&B. Might have to make this trip. Only looks like 9 or 10 hours. Haven’t seen you boys for a while. Will talk with Marie and see about getting signed up. Is the main shoot on Saturday and Sunday?

If I had a set of .36 cap &  ball I would so be in!  If I get a set one of these days we gotta do that!

It would be great to shoot with you folks again for sure!  Hope you can make the trip.  Remember there is a drawing going for an entry to this event also.

Got side matches going on Friday... Main match Saturday and Sunday.  

Going to be fun!

11 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

If I had a set of .36 cap &  ball I would so be in!  If I get a set one of these days we gotta do that!

Major, I'll let you use my '58 and my Dragoon.

No excuses now, little brother.

:P

I have started a Facebook Page for the Showdown... Please check it out.

"Classic Cowboy / Cowgirl Showdown"

(That should get you there if not, please let me know)

It will have info and updates for this years showdown.  But will also have photos and video from past showdowns.  If you have attended past events and have photos or video.. Feel free to share them there.

9 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

I have started a Facebook Page for the Showdown... Please check it out.

"Classic Cowboy / Cowgirl Showdown"

(That should get you there if not, please let me know)

It will have info and updates for this years showdown.  But will also have photos and video from past showdowns.  If you have attended past events and have photos or video.. Feel free to share them there.

Sorry I don't do Facebook 

1 hour ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

I will continue to do updates here also... And I have your email.

Mostly another way to advertise and get the word out.

How you been?  Hope you can make the trip.. Be good to shoot with you again.

3 hours ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Lol. Neither do I. Never will either.

Major, you'll need to forgive some of us fer not being tech-savy or tech-caring.

11 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

Lol. Neither do I. Never will either.

Major, you'll need to forgive some of us fer not being tech-savy or tech-caring.

As you kick back... Using talk to text tech on your mobile (computer) phone to post on the world wide web?  Yeah.. Golly you are right. :lol: Tidy up you Man-bun, go down to your local lattee shop and tell me another one ya hipster ;)

On 1/16/2020 at 8:19 AM, Major Art Tillery said:

As you kick back... Using talk to text tech on your mobile (computer) phone to post on the world wide web?  Yeah.. Golly you are right. :lol: Tidy up you Man-bun, go down to your local lattee shop and tell me another one ya hipster ;)

Oh Little Pilgrim.

Them's fightn' words.

You done gone and dunnit now, little missy.

Just wait 'til I find you down the trail.

Pa always said you never knew when to stop barking.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone wanting to know what the 2020 Iowa State Shoot scheduled will be following this awesome Classic Cowboy Showdown here is what I can share:

We are still working out some of the minor details for the official scheduled, but here is what I can share at a high level:

• Friday will be open for registrations, side matches, and warm ups.  The details of the side matches and warm ups are what I need to get nailed down with the club
  • Saturday we will have 6 Main match stages , a Team Match,  lunch will be on the range, and dinner will be offsite
  • Sunday we will have the last 6 Main match stages and the awards ceremony 

I will post all times and details once I get those nailed down with the Club officers.

Thanks

Cactus

On 12/28/2019 at 5:50 PM, Old Man Graybeard said:

Evil Dogooder ain't that big. If a 10 gauge didn't knock him over...it might slide him back about 10 feet...

Just part of these fun.   Saves me steps anyway

7 hours ago, Cactus Clark said:

For anyone wanting to know what the 2020 Iowa State Shoot scheduled will be following this awesome Classic Cowboy Showdown here is what I can share:

We are still working out some of the minor details for the official scheduled, but here is what I can share at a high level:

• Friday will be open for registrations, side matches, and warm ups.  The details of the side matches and warm ups are what I need to get nailed down with the club
  • Saturday we will have 6 Main match stages , a Team Match,  lunch will be on the range, and dinner will be offsite
  • Sunday we will have the last 6 Main match stages and the awards ceremony 

I will post all times and details once I get those nailed down with the Club officers.

Thanks

Cactus

Awesome!  Thanks so much for posting that info pard.

Major

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Boy Look What Showed Up Today!  

This is the Buckle kindly donated by another Classic for top Classic Cowboy shooting Black Powder at this years Showdown!  

Any buckle donated for The Showdown will be designated "Black Powder" by having BLACK stones in the buckle!

Good luck to all competing for this buckle!

Stay tuned as other awards arrive soon

PSX_20200222_164259.jpg

On 2/22/2020 at 6:27 PM, Riverboat Red, SASS #71733 said:

I just completed my online registration and booked the campsite. Can’t wait! Now I just have to practice pulling only revolver at a time. 
C’mon all you Ultra Classic Cowboys, get signed up!

It will be great to meet you!  I am still on the fence if I am shooting black powder or not... Have to see what I can get loaded before then.  

If I wind up with that weekend free I'll be there.

Probably be shooting BP, playing with my Open Tops, Henry and '87.

I HOPE to make it, Major!

2 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

If I wind up with that weekend free I'll be there.

Probably be shooting BP, playing with my Open Tops, Henry and '87.

I HOPE to make it, Major!

your just a glutton for punishment aren't ya

1 hour ago, Flinthills Dawg said:

your just a glutton for punishment aren't ya

Why yes, yes I am.

I WILL however, better my performance on the Henry over last year. That was uuuuuuugly.

:D

Archived