SASS Wire Forum

Saddle up! Crisis at hand!

Well, I think we can put a sizable DENT in it, anyway!   >:-(

Cat Brules   :-)

My guess is people are sick and tired of bacon this and bacon that on every freakin menu from coast to coast.
Sometimes I just want a plain old fashioned hamburger, not a triple bacon, pepper jack, shriracha , chipotle burger on a chiabatta, Kaiser, brioche, onion bun with some chef’s named secret spicy sauce on it. 

I am baconed out...and I won’t be doing my part after all...unless they have pepper bacon. I love pepper bacon... :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

My guess is people are sick and tired of bacon this and bacon that on every freakin menu from coast to coast.

Yep.   For several years bacon has been the flavor of the week in everything from sunflower seeds to beer.....

With a so called "baconfeast" on every other corner of the nothing better to do world........ 

Get a life..........

When I eat bacon I do so with a side of bacon.

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

It’s because of retaliatory tariffs. The Chinese stopped buying pork bellies 

Ah...that makes sense. 

I guess we know what MREs will be coming out soon. 

663356D8-11F2-486B-8D27-013EB01E731D.jpeg.4917994fae526529d54e914840f6f2b3.jpeg

“Okay guys listen up! We got MREs. Who wants Bacon ala King, Bacon in spaghetti, Bacon in Red Sauce with Bacon, Bacon wrapped burger patty, Bacon wrapped pork patty, bacon wrapped bacon and we have Bacon and eggs?”

3 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

It’s because of retaliatory tariffs. The Chinese stopped buying pork bellies 

This one.

I've been told that I do more than my part in the consumption of this commodity.  That being said, I am more than willing to up my game if need be.  Because----- 'Merica  :FlagAm:---that's all the reason I need!

Well, they sure’s hell won’t be sending very much bacon anywhere in the Middle East, ‘cept to the gringo hotels and such.

i do agree with Allie Meaux (hi Allie) though.  I’ve noticed some brands are much more salty (too salty) than others.

And, most restaurants overcook bacon.  You have to warn them at the time you order.  Too many illegals employed as “cooks”.  Walking out instead of just eating the slop, or waiting for them to cook it right, gets their attention, as well as the short lecture they get.   (Pet Peeve....overcooked bacon.). They do the same thing with eggs....crispy bottoms and edges.  

Grrrr.  :angry:

Most non-Jewish, non-Muslim countries have a preserved pork belly product that Is loved in the local culinary. Cured like we do in the USA is not a universally loved flavor. In Ukraine it is usually consumed cured but uncooked and only fat no muscle

At first glance it could be a hard sheep’s cheese or a smoky mozzarella. But the slabs are actually cold, white pork fat – Ukraine’s national dish, known as salo. It is best served covered with garlic, onion and pickles (or something picante), and almost always washed down with a shot of vodka.

The dish is not recommended for those watching their waistlines. The calorie counter on My Fitness Pal says that one serving of pig fat amounts to 900 calories, just under half of the recommended daily intake for women and slightly less for men.

Read because of China suffering high loses in domestic hogs due to swine diseases that American hog farmers have been ramping up production in anticipation of increased exports to China - which given recent progress having to do with agricultural goods visa via a partial deal trade with China looks like a good bet. 

China consumers are hurting what with the currency devaluation to off set tariffs and agricultural and pork losses, with the swine disease there has been an increased demand for dog meat in China. Given the economic pressure being paid by the average chinese family and the unrest in Hong Kong, I imagine the totalitarian communist rulers are feeling some pressure to do what they can to not add more potential for unrest amongst the citizenry.  

It tariffs hurt the Chinese and cause prices here to escalate, well then in my opinion (there’s that pesky word again), we should just understand that it’s necessary for the security of the US.  I can do just fine without the junk from China and their thieving way.  They are like colonies of huge, bloated ticks, parasitically infesting some poor, sick hound dog’s ears.  Gone unchecked, they’ll kill us economically.  And, cutting them off, could trigger an attack from them.  We’ve been there before.

Cat Brules

Archived