SASS Wire Forum

Belichick Wired Up on Monday Night Football

The Browns are playing the Pats Sunday! I think the Pats are due for a loss maybe my Browns will get lucky!!:P

3 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

The Browns are playing the Pats Sunday! I think the Pats are due for a loss maybe my Browns will get lucky!!:P

As much as I hate sports dynasties and look forward to their fall, I don’t see anybody beating the Patriots this year. They’re on a historic plain as far as I’m concerned. 

And they may go 16-0 only because they are not scheduled to play the other undefeated team...until post season.  At which point, the 49ers with hang a "loser" sign on their no good cheating necks!

Patriot fans are spoiled....  It has been a long time (1990) since my team had a 6-0 start!

49ers won’t stand a chance.

53 minutes ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

And they may go 16-0 only because they are not scheduled to play the other undefeated team...until post season.  At which point, the 49ers with hang a "loser" sign on their no good cheating necks!

Patriot fans are spoiled....  It has been a long time (1990) since my team had a 6-0 start!

Pats fans of my vintage are not spoiled; they have had their fair share of disappointments.  Cheap former owners (the Sullivans), a wreck of a stadium (Schaeffer), overflowing bathrooms, dirt parking lots, aluminum benches (in a climate where temps dip to well below freezing), and a team that could not get out of its own way.  Not until the Belichick/Brady/Kraft era did we have anything to root for.  This too shall pass; but until it does, I intend to enjoy it to the fullest.  As for cheating, there is almost always a direct correlation between the lack of success of non-New England teams and the willingness of their fans to believe some of the cheating stories.  As we say hereabouts, "They hate us because they ain't us".  

We'll see who's wearing a loser sign come next Superbowl.  In the meantime, there's a lot of football to play.

LL

3 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Pats fans of my vintage are not spoiled; they have had their fair share of disappointments.  Cheap former owners (the Sullivans), a wreck of a stadium (Schaeffer), overflowing bathrooms, dirt parking lots, aluminum benches (in a climate where temps dip to well below freezing), and a team that could not get out of its own way.  Not until the Belichick/Brady/Kraft era did we have anything to root for.  This too shall pass; but until it does, I intend to enjoy it to the fullest.  As for cheating, there is almost always a direct correlation between the lack of success of non-New England teams and the willingness of their fans to believe some of the cheating stories.  As we say hereabouts, "They hate us because they ain't us".  

We'll see who's wearing a loser sign come next Superbowl.  In the meantime, there's a lot of football to play.

LL

Yep.

Archived