SASS Wire Forum

Clearly Worded Warning

Subdeacon Joe

Something about those labels makes me think of 3 monkeys.      GW

2 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

What are they really trying to say? :blink:  Some of this stuff is for idiots who never were taught, as kids, not to stick metal objects in the wall outlets!  One warning sign I've never seen advised not to pee on an electric fence! :o

You mean this one?:lol:

don't pee.jpg

1 hour ago, Trailrider #896 said:

What are they really trying to say? :blink:  Some of this stuff is for idiots who never were taught, as kids, not to stick metal objects in the wall outlets!  One warning sign I've never seen advised not to pee on an electric fence! :o

That was saved for dumb city cousins !!!!      GW

12 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

20191004_120917.jpg

WRONG IN SO MANY WAYS!!!

The drafting of effective warnings for equipment is an established methodology, controlled by international standards and conventions.  The use of symbols and colors are part of that system, as is the use of certain key words.  
"Caution", "Warning" and "Notice" do not all mean the same thing, and each has its own designated color.

The exclamation point in a triangle is a General Warning, and should not be used in place of specific warnings designed to alert users to particular risks.

Language must be clear and concise, address the specific risk, and be appropriate for the people expected to have contact with the equipment.

The boys at Guangzhou Airhorse need a refresher course, and any US importer/seller had better hope that no one is hurt while using this unit; the warnings are grossly ineffective

LL

download (1).jpg

download.gif

download.jpg

download.png

I don't understand the problem myself.

The first sign says that the air put out by the compressor is not suitable for breathing. Don't hook it up to a respirator. Don't fill scuba tanks.

The second sign says don't grab hold of the motor while the engine is running.

The third one says the motor cannot be put up tight against the wall. It needs three feet of space on three sides, and four feet of space on the front side where the controls are.

It all seems very clear to me.

24 minutes ago, Hells Comin said:

If your pee stream isn't continuous i think you'll be OK.

Go ahead, but I ain't trying it.:lol:

7 hours ago, Alpo said:

I don't understand the problem myself.

The first sign says that the air put out by the compressor is not suitable for breathing. Don't hook it up to a respirator. Don't fill scuba tanks.

The second sign says don't grab hold of the motor while the engine is running.

The third one says the motor cannot be put up tight against the wall. It needs three feet of space on three sides, and four feet of space on the front side where the controls are.

It all seems very clear to me.

Me, too.  Of course, I learned to read warning and operational signs on Japanese sports cars.

Archived