SASS Wire Forum

WTC loaded and shot too many Rounds

irish ike, SASS #43615

7 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

So attempting to be a TO hard guy, loading 11 or 12 rounds to avoid having to load a round if one gets jacked out, couldn't that be considered as a "Spirit of the Game" penalty? Doing something to create a competitive advantage?

Ike

There would be no "competitive advantage" for doing so and incurring the PROCEDURAL + the MISS for "use of illegally acquired ammunition".
REF: 
"Overloading the Rifle"

A “Spirit of the Game” penalty would NOT be appropriate as there is no advantage in getting the 15-second penalty (Procedural + Miss) for intentionally ‘overloading’ in anticipation of ejecting a round during the rifle shooting string. 

2 minutes ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

There would be no "competitive advantage" for doing so and incurring the PROCEDURAL + the MISS for "use of illegally acquired ammunition".
REF: 
"Overloading the Rifle"

So now I have to count as well as load them??

7 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

So attempting to be a TO hard guy, loading 11 or 12 rounds to avoid having to load a round if one gets jacked out, couldn't that be considered as a "Spirit of the Game" penalty? Doing something to create a competitive advantage?

Ike

It is scored a P and a miss.

http://www.oowss.com/Overloading the rifle -- PWB.pdf

7 minutes ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

Thank you for the link. I see now. I knew there was no reason for me to be missing something like this. The round is illegal to use. That's the reason for the p. Say the shooter loads 12 and Jack's out rounds 3 and 4 and continues in the proper order for the sequence=P

The shooter loads 12 and Jack's out rounds 3,4 11 and 12 then reloads 2 more= long way around but still no call.

I couldn't leave myself that confused over loading too many rounds.

So:

Stage calls for 9brevolver rounds. Shooter loads 10 instead. During the course of fire, the shooter has a non firing cartridge on number 7. He then uses that 10th round loaded for the 9th target=P for illegal ammo

Correct?

3 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Thank you for the link. I see now. I knew there was no reason for me to be missing something like this. The round is illegal to use. That's the reason for the p. Say the shooter loads 12 and Jack's out rounds 3 and 4 and continues in the proper order for the sequence=P

The shooter loads 12 and Jack's out rounds 3,4 11 and 12 then reloads 2 more= long way around but still no call.

I couldn't leave myself that confused over loading too many rounds.

So:

Stage calls for 9brevolver rounds. Shooter loads 10 instead. During the course of fire, the shooter has a non firing cartridge on number 7. He then uses that 10th round loaded for the 9th target=P for illegal ammo

Correct?

P + Miss for shooting the  "illegally acquired ammunition". 

Same application of the rule you just quoted for the rifle.

Shooter has to carry the reload in an approved manner. In the gun is not approved.

37 minutes ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

P + Miss for shooting the  "illegally acquired ammunition". 

Same application of the rule you just quoted for the rifle.

Shooter has to carry the reload in an approved manner. In the gun is not approved.

Awesome. Just making sure.

5 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

LTO job is not to count rounds. If you cant count, you probably shouldn't be shooting.

Part of the LTO's job IS to count rounds.  That is why so many people object to the LTO, having to wait their turn to load while he an count the rounds is too inconvenient for them.  The penalty for overloading still goes to the shooter but the LTO can help him avoid this.  As LTO I have seen a shooter overload his rifle. 

He preferred a trip to the unloading table to a P for overloaded rifle.

If you never make a mistake counting, good for you.  I am sure that you have neve used an eraser, also.

Duffield

2 minutes ago, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

Part of the LTO's job IS to count rounds.  That is why so many people object to the LTO, having to wait their turn to load while he an count the rounds is too inconvenient for them.  The penalty for overloading still goes to the shooter but the LTO can help him avoid this.  As LTO I have seen a shooter overload his rifle. 

He preferred a trip to the unloading table to a P for overloaded rifle.

If you never make a mistake counting, good for you.  I am sure that you have neve used an eraser, also.

Duffield

why the trip to the unloading table?

Some have found that they don't have to count the rounds going into a gun. 

Shooter comes up with a loading block, you can quickly see the number of rounds they have brought with them.

Stage only has 9 rifle, say, "Hey, only 9 in the rifle." Shooter pulls a round out of the block or whatever they need to do.

57 minutes ago, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

why the trip to the unloading table?

He had loaded more rounds into the rifle than the stage instructions specified.  There was no way to remove the extra round without jacking it through the rifle.

Local procedure was that no rounds go through the chamber of the rifle at the loading table.  He could have shot the stage and got a P for too many rounds in the rifle, or unload the rifle and load the correct number.

Duffield

There is no penalty for OVERLOADING a rifle. Only a penalty for USING that ammo or for leaving it in the gun when you are done with it.

24 minutes ago, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

He had loaded more rounds into the rifle than the stage instructions specified.  There was no way to remove the extra round without jacking it through the rifle.

Local procedure was that no rounds go through the chamber of the rifle at the loading table.  He could have shot the stage and got a P for too many rounds in the rifle, or unload the rifle and load the correct number.

Duffield

Applying "local" procedures and rules that are inconsistent or contrary to SASS rules are irrelevant to the discussion and cause unnecessary confusion..

The shooter could have shot the stage and ejected the extra round at the end of the shooting string with NO PENALTY.

Archived