SASS Wire Forum

I see even the police in Canada have been neutered

Henry T Harrison

It’s just Halifax not country wide. Ridiculous though. 

As far as I'm concerned there is no need for an officer to have their gun with them outside of regular duties. 

Penalize everybody for one bad apple. What that says to me is that the chief considers all of his officers potential bad apples. I bet their morale is non existent right now. :angry:

"As far as I'm concerned there is no need for an officer to have their gun with them outside of regular duties. There may be special circumstances where that is required ... ."

Another Political Correct government that fears what will happen to them because of their governing so they want as many people unarmed as possible.

He is out of his mind and he is going to get an officer killed! I took an oath to uphold/enforce the law 24/7/365! I also needed to be able to protect myself and family outside of work! If the bad guy you arrested a week ago sees you eating dinner or at the store and knows you are unarmed, you are done and the chief is to blame! He also open the door for a major law suit for the officers to sue the city in case there is an officers death because of this! I would be looking for a new job ASAP!

1 hour ago, Smokewagon Forty-Five said:

He is out of his mind and he is going to get an officer killed! I took an oath to uphold/enforce the law 24/7/365! I also needed to be able to protect myself and family outside of work! If the bad guy you arrested a week ago sees you eating dinner or at the store and knows you are unarmed, you are done and the chief is to blame! He also open the door for a major law suit for the officers to sue the city in case there is an officers death because of this! I would be looking for a new job ASAP!

I was thinking the exact same thing

Not only Halifax has that rule, although permission MAY be granted in some jurisdictions, to take your sidearm home with you.

Apparently, there was as agreement made with crooks and thugs, that they wouldn't carry after their work day was finished as well.

In spite of this and some confusion about changing shift schedules, Thugs 'R Us claim the system is working well.

It just floors me how these progressive types are so hopolophobic about firearms that they even feel uneasy about police carrying them, let alone civilians. And yet it's perfectly okay for anyone to get behind the wheel of a lethal 3,000 pound vehicle every day. Bonus points for consuming alcohol beforehand.

19 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Why would anyone  want to be a cop these days?

I used to be.
You couldn't pay me enough to be one today.
Even if I was young and skinny again!

On 10/21/2019 at 5:44 PM, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

I used to be.
You couldn't pay me enough to be one today.
Even if I was young and skinny again!

I was an MP for 25 years but, today I would choose another trade.

Archived