SASS Wire Forum

I knew Houston would win last night

Utah Bob #35998

Every time I watched, even for a few minutes, the Astros started being tied or losing, so I quit watching and they WON!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Lorelei Longshot, SASS #44256 Life said:

Every time I watched, even for a few minutes, the Astros started being tied or losing, so I quit watching and they WON!!!!!!

In the most exciting way possible! In baseball it ain’t over till it’s over.:D

Go Nats.

I cannot root for an AL team. ;)

15 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Go Nats.

That's a toughie - I am typically a NL fan (since they have the more traditional rules)....but I don't like seeing a wild card team make it to the Series.  I love seeing the league champion make it in.

So this week I'm a Houston fan

16 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Go Nats.

I'm normally a Rays fan which makes me a AL fan. Don't have any thing against the NL. I'm also a Altuve fan so.........

GO ASTROS

3 hours ago, Bart Slade said:

That's a toughie - I am typically a NL fan (since they have the more traditional rules)....but I don't like seeing a wild card team make it to the Series.  I love seeing the league champion make it in.

So this week I'm a Houston fan

That Wild Card team has been playing some great baseball. I like that. And they Are the league champion. Just not their division champion.

25 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

That Wild Card team has been playing some great baseball. I like that. And they Are the league champion. Just not their division champion.

I wasn't clear - when I say "League Champion", I mean by the old-school method.  The team with the best record in the league at the end of the season is the league champion in my book.    I like the World Series, but I'm not a fan of all these extra levels of playoffs.

6 hours ago, Bart Slade said:

I wasn't clear - when I say "League Champion", I mean by the old-school method.  The team with the best record in the league at the end of the season is the league champion in my book.    I like the World Series, but I'm not a fan of all these extra levels of playoffs.

I disagree. That can mean the team with the weakest schedule can end up on top. I think the playoff system is as fair as it can be given the number of teams in baseball now. Not perfect, but nothing is.

On 10/20/2019 at 7:44 PM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Go Nats.

Go Astros!!!I cannot root for an NL team!!:lol:

Archived