SASS Wire Forum

derringer question

Boomstick Bruce

4 hours ago, Rico Kid said:

American Derringer. Had one in .45 amp. Have one in .45. Solid.

I am unfamiliar with those.

What are “.45 amp” and “.45 Solid”?

Cat Brules

I have an American I just picked up, never fired. The hammer was really hard to cock so I had a friend and gunsmith replace the spring, it works great! .357/.38;)

Okay.....I’ll try this again with proof reading and punctuation.

American derringer in .45 ACP. I have one in .45 long Colt. It is a solid firearm.

Thanks, Rico Kid!   I thought I had seen a couple of lnew cartridge references, but probably should’ve been able to figure that out. 

I saw an original (I think, Remington) derringer at a gun show in Ruidoso, New Mexico about 3-4 years back.  It was a caliber .44 rimfire, as I recall.  I don’t recall how old it was....it was in great shape, like new, maybe unfired.  I really wanted it.  It was in an  original little wooden box.  The seller’s price was firm, at $800.   At the time, I thought that was kind of steep, but I was still very tempted.  The seller also had a like-new box of  what looked like original, period rimfire ammo to go with it.  

Thanks again. 

Cat Brules

I recently got a copy of the Reminton mdl 95 derringer in 38S&W., by Great Western Arms of Los Angeles.  

Archived