SASS Wire Forum

Yankees @ Astros

Good game.

How about a walk off? It’s past my bed time!!

15 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

How about a walk off? It’s past my bed time!!

Quick! Wish for a couple million dollars!

I’m looking forward to this series. The Yankees and the dawyers ain’t in it and that’s a good thing. 

8 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

I bet the network exec's are crying in their beer because it's not the Dodgers and the Yanks.

JHC:lol:

Maybe, but maybe not. Remember the much heralded Subway Series with the Mets/Yankees  few years back? Worst TV ratings in decades for a World Series.

1 minute ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Maybe, but maybe not. Remember the much heralded Subway Series ith the Mets/Yankees  few years back. Worst TV ratings in decades for a World Series.

That had two things going against it. 

First was that both teams came from the same rather small geographic area which limited nation wide interest. 

Second,  and I think more important, was that there was not a long standing rivalry between the two teams.  Mets are a fairly new team, only going back to the early '60s.

Yanks and Dodgers have a rivalry going for over a century, it would have been a west coast  v. eastern seaboard as well as a CA v. NY series. Wide national appeal,  even if nothing but to see the team you hate the most get stomped. 

This Series will be TX v. DC.  Symbolic of rugged individualism against the political machine.  Or Wild West against staid and stodgy Eastern Propriety.

19 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

That had two things going against it. 

First was that both teams came from the same rather small geographic area which limited nation wide interest. 

Second,  and I think more important, was that there was not a long standing rivalry between the two teams.  Mets are a fairly new team, only going back to the early '60s.

Yanks and Dodgers have a rivalry going for over a century, it would have been a west coast  v. eastern seaboard as well as a CA v. NY series. Wide national appeal,  even if nothing but to see the team you hate the most get stomped. 

This Series will be TX v. DC.  Symbolic of rugged individualism against the political machine.  Or Wild West against staid and stodgy Eastern Propriety.

Heartland against Heartless.

Congrats to the Colt 45s.  Heck of an ALCS!

I won't watch any of the games because when I do, the Astros (or whoever I want to win)  lose. 

15 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Wow, what a game. Great play by Brantley and a fantastic 2 run walk off by Altuve. That little guy is amazing. Bring on the Nats.

Go Astros!!!!!!

Archived