SASS Wire Forum

FOUND El Patron Competition Hammers or Running Iron Hammers

I just purchased a pair of older CCH El Patrons and need to buy 2 Competition Hammers with the lower, wider spur.  I have been told that Uberti no longer makes the El Patron Competition hammers or the Running Iron hammers without the new, retractable firing pin configuration, so will need to find a couple  of older ones.   Running Irons would be preferable but will gladly take either.  My understanding is that the installation of the newer hammers with the retractable firing pin configuration would also require new triggers.

I am also told that neither Taylors, Cimarron, nor VTI are able to get the older configuration and that the newer CCH hammers are out of stock and back ordered.  Thanks 

I called abut 3 weeks ago abut a set of RI hammers for my daughter's guns. I was told an Uberti shipment was due soon but they couldn't say whether any hammers would be in it. Haven't heard back yet, so still waiting. I would prefer the old style also, but may be out of luck.

Kid....I called Cimarron  about the Thunderstorm hammers... They had none in stock and referred me to VTI.  VTI had none.  

Archived