SASS Wire Forum

Halloween Costumes from the Past

Sedalia Dave

Trick or Creep. The way it should be!

Halloween started going down hill when they started to make princess, angel, and fairy costumes.

Ol' Hardpan... Hallowe'en frat party, circa 1970.   :)

I wuz inspired by the "Wizard of Id."  ^_^

180946249_Wizard2.JPG.b1f2f98706f562790fbbc17bce3ab0fa.JPG                                     Image result for wizard of id

Some of those costumes could be featured in some of today's whacked-out horrorfest movies. Totally creepy. When Halloween was actually Halloween and not just a make-believe dress up candy collecting party.

From the movie The Strangers. See any similarities?

serveimage(6).jpg

10 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

Man, those oldies are scarier than anything I've seen in recent years!

That's for sure! I might be grabbing a shotgun. Oh yeah, I guess we ain't sposa shoot little kids.

JHC

I dressed up as Richard Pryor with his hair on fire one year and everybody thought that was a hoot, wonder what the reaction would be now days? My how things have changed.

1 hour ago, Yul Lose said:

I dressed up as Richard Pryor with his hair on fire one year and everybody thought that was a hoot, wonder what the reaction would be now days? My how things have changed.

Did you go with someone dressed as Michael Jackson with his hair on fire, kind of a Pepsi/Coke thing?

These days you would be considered a insensitive racist. 

As others have stated, some of those old time costumes are downright creepy.....I like 'em.

21 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Did you go with someone dressed as Michael Jackson with his hair on fire, kind of a Pepsi/Coke thing?

These days you would be considered a insensitive racist. 

As others have stated, some of those old time costumes are downright creepy.....I like 'em.

Nope, by myself. I found an orange Afro wig and added some paper flames to it, blackface, bell bottoms, denim jacket and platform shoes and wide collared shirt and I was him.

Probably wouldn’t go over to well today.

3 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Nope, by myself. I found an orange Afro wig and added some paper flames to it, blackface, bell bottoms, denim jacket and platform shoes and wide collared shirt and I was him.

I once did Al Jolson for another frat party....   :)

8 hours ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

halloween was much more fun with homemade costumes.  These are me from the early 70's.

hallow.jpg

Isn't that the notorious Gladiator - Testiclease

On 10/17/2019 at 10:58 AM, Yul Lose said:

On 10/17/2019 at 11:03 AM, Eyesa Horg said:

Probably get arrested today!

Oh dear!  If there's even a picture of it it might get him arrested today. 

Got any pics yul? 

Archived