SASS Wire Forum

Halloween treats for Snowflakes

Sedalia Dave

That is probably what the vegan, bunny hugging, entitlest dreamers would prefer......

I guess they don't even go house-to-house anymore. They go trick or treating through grocery stores, shopping malls and church parking lots where it is called Trunk or Treat.

Also heard they want to move it from October 31st to something like the last Saturday of the month so that no one is out late on a school night.

Also heard they want to start making it less scary for the kids and the new trend is to buy the ugly pumpkins first, not the perfect ones, and then paint them with pretty, soft colored paints.

So I guess that means they dont want to offend a pumpkin by picking it last or using a knife on them.

And as always, I suppose they feel all their ideas are worthy of blue ribbons.......

I am afraid that if someone gave me that when I was a kid I would have avoided that house and that family like the plague. I wouldn’t want to catch whatever it is they might have.

And I am sure at some point this would require prank activities within the community of youth. Toilet paper might be involved but I am more partial to trading lawn and porch furniture with their neighbors and probably numerous “bam and scram” events. 

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I am afraid that if someone gave me that when I was a kid I would have avoided that house and that family like the plague. I wouldn’t want to catch whatever it is they might have.

And I am sure at some point this would require prank activities within the community of youth. Toilet paper might be involved but I am more partial to trading lawn and porch furniture with their neighbors and probably numerous “bam and scram” events. 

Dang it Pat, you beat me to the draw again. I might add a dozen or two eggs might be involved in that trick.

JHC

I remember a house, in 5th grade. They must have started getting ready for this in the summer. Construction paper cut into 1-inch squares. Wrote KEEP THIS AND YOU WILL NEVER BE BROKE. And they glued a penny on it.

The time and aggravation to make that. Wow.

And there were several houses that year that refused to give a treat, because Halloween was the Devil's holiday, and it was Sunday.

These same people would not give you anything if you went out on Saturday or Monday, because it was not the 31st.

Cheap bastages.

2 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Dang it Pat, you beat me to the draw again. I might add a dozen or two eggs might be involved in that trick.

JHC

You and Pat are not getting into the whole healthy, earth friendly thing. The least you could do is return the favor with a paper bag of "natural" compost (on fire) on their front porch and ring the door bell.

Right there with ya Pat, Callahan & Cypress. Didn't ya just love getting a heavy apple to weigh down your bag?! Moving the furniture was the best though in our day. It's amazing the work we put into it considering we didn't have vehicles to move the crap in! That's what "Mom can I sleep out with Chip tonight?" was for.

10 hours ago, Alpo said:

And there were several houses that year that refused to give a treat, because Halloween was the Devil's holiday, and it was Sunday.

There were houses in my town that gave out those black religious tracts with the title in white. I avoided them. 
The next morning those tracts would be all over the ground around those houses. 

There were also homes where the people would raise holy hell if you rang their bell or knocked on their door because they didn’t participate in “The Devil’s Holiday!” Some of these people would chase kids off. One family literally tried to drag me and my brothers into their house so they could “save” us. Creepy people. 

I swear...I despise auto correctionation 

21 hours ago, Fence Cutter said:

That is probably what the ... bunny hugging, entitlest dreamers would prefer...

:o What is wrong with hugging bunnies?

9 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

That’s like getting clothes instead of toys for Christmas.

I would have liked that. :o

On 10/16/2019 at 7:01 PM, Sedalia Dave said:

:D

Image may contain: text

:lol:

On 10/16/2019 at 7:36 PM, Fence Cutter said:

That is probably what the vegan, bunny hugging, entitlest dreamers would prefer......

I guess they don't even go house-to-house anymore. They go trick or treating through grocery stores, shopping malls and church parking lots where it is called Trunk or Treat.

Also heard they want to move it from October 31st to something like the last Saturday of the month so that no one is out late on a school night.

Also heard they want to start making it less scary for the kids and the new trend is to buy the ugly pumpkins first, not the perfect ones, and then paint them with pretty, soft colored paints.

So I guess that means they dont want to offend a pumpkin by picking it last or using a knife on them.

And as always, I suppose they feel all their ideas are worthy of blue ribbons.......

These types are really starting to P*ss Me Off 

Archived