SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Subdeacon Joe

Fire Control

Interesting.  I presume that was an Iowa-class BB?  One question: That guy standing on top of the turret?  Was he still there and could he hear anything after the firing sequence? :o :rolleyes:  I was in a local Kroger store one day when the battle stations/general quarters bugle call was sounded, followed by the announcement for the deli department to answer their phone! :wacko: I think some older naval vet probably told management what that bugle call was, because I never heard it again!  :P  I wonder what the training film would have looked like for the last deployment of the New Jersey during Gulf War I?  "Battle stations, Tomahawk Missile!"  ;)

38 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

was in a local Kroger store one day when the battle stations/general quarters bugle call was sounded, followed by the announcement for the deli department to answer their phone! :wacko:

I have that as my general ring tone. 

If my wife calls from her cellphone I  get "To the Colors."  If she calls from the landline it's "Adjudants Call. "

Attention getting,  clear, can't confuse it with someone else's phone.