SASS Wire Forum

Good old days?

Matthew Duncan

Some of that good old days stuff can cause serious injury now days, just saying.

I doubt he would have pulled from there.  The cowboy to his left might be, for an instant, swept as the weapon comes out and is cocked on the way up.  Plus the shooter has a rifle to deal with.

I got off of a horse pretty much like that and managed to tear something loose in the back of my calf!  The good ole days were so much fun until they became so hurtful.

OH MY GOODNESS!  Those targets are waAaaaay more than 10 yards for rifle!!!!!!  But!  That was part of the fun. Front sight use if you please - then fall off the horse!

Remember riding a stick horse acting crazy and having fun. Then shoot at 50 yard small targets with the rifle and one shot at that 50 yard target with the pistol for bonus. :lol:

12 hours ago, watab kid said:

gettin on might work , gettin off could be dicey 

Getting off the horse was as easy as me getting out of bed.  The hard part is picking myself up off the floor!

The “Good Old Days”. Most of us that have played this game a long time were a lot younger in the Good Old Days. Some of the things that use take place on a stage are not quite as palatable as the memory of them might seem to be.  The more time that goes by, the better we were. Playing the game as the Good Old Days are perceived to have been must be tempered a bit in today’s game. Today’s retro match needs to have a measured amount of today’s game infused into it. It’s called “Balance”.  Just writing stages that are full of everything that you use to do or have heard use to happen will just frustrate most shooters.  I am a strong proponent of “Playing the Game”, but moderation and balance is important. Having a dish of Ice Cream is great, being forced to eat a gallon of it, is not.  

Back in 2006 I went from a young guy to an old crippled guy in about a second. Kinda cut my 'good old days' short. I shot standing by the horse. :( But.... My GOOL OL DAYS are right now!

I remember Riding a Horse just like that Way Back ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, in August of 2019 ....

Jabez Cowboy

Archived