SASS Wire Forum

New idea for loading cap gun cylinder off gun.

Warden Callaway

Just now, Smokey Dave said:

Hey Tequila, I would gladly sell you one. I'm going to make several this weekend, so I can pass them along.

Like the good Warden said though, there are other makers of them out there. I thank you for your interest either way!

I think I said it on Facebook, but I definitely want one. If you can make one a little thinner for 22-24 gr of BP it would be great and I'd take one of each for .44's ;)

5 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I think I said it on Facebook, but I definitely want one. If you can make one a little thinner for 22-24 gr of BP it would be great and I'd take one of each for .44's ;)

I'm pretty sure I can manage that.

Do you use a wad between your powder and ball? If so, you could put the wad in to take up the space of the powder difference. But I could make a mandrel and former for the guys that shoot the reduced loads. That's a good idea.

Just now, Smokey Dave said:

I'm pretty sure I can manage that.

Do you use a wad between your powder and ball? If so, you could put the wad in to take up the space of the powder difference. But I could make a mandrel and former for the guys that shoot the reduced loads. That's a good idea.

I do use a wad(homemade with felt,  beeswax, lard, and peppermint oil ;)), but if it's not too much trouble I would like one for reduced loads as well. 

I order all of my potassium nitrate aka kno3 aka saltpeter from a website called seed ranch. free shipping and when you buy in bulk it saves a bunch. I order kno3 in 50 lb sacks for $98 delivered. it's the primary ingredient in making homemade black powder. 

13 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

But what you're not seeing is that there is a cup at the end of the bolt. Also, the cylinder is indexing into alignment on the plate by the safety pins falling into holes. So the only difference is the threads that don't hit the cylinder anyway.  

I'm glad for that. Perhaps I'm not the only person that couldn't pick up on that from your picture. 

Archived