SASS Wire Forum

Sheesh, what a day

Utah Bob #35998

Worked a couple of hours on Pac-Man the snow thrower. Thank goodness for YouTube. Sometimes you can find just the right repair video. Still a pita. Then II went to change the oil and found outI didn’t have the right weight.

The switch on my light over the loading bench came apart. Had to order one from Amazon.

Looked for my most best favorite Kershaw auto opener that’s been MIA for two weeks. Didn’t find it.

Then I played phone and e-mail tag with the leak detector guy. Finally settled on him being here at 9 tomorrow, if he can find us. He thought we were in another town.

Lost a 5/8” wrench 3 times. Found it twice.

So 

I called it a day at happy hour. Took a shower and went to the class 6 cabinet and saw I had only a wee bit (about half a shot) of Basil Hayden and a wee bit o George Dickel. So I put em both in a class together. They got along very well indeed.

So I got that goin for me.

Which is good.

:P

Sounds like the day I had.

And it was Thanksgiving Day here in Canada when the wheels fell off for the frig and the kitchen taps and we had company coming.

No, I don't want to talk about it.

50cal.gif

8 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

The knife is in a pants pocket waiting to be laundered or it’s in the laundry basket.

If only.

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Looked for my most best favorite Kershaw auto opener that’s been MIA for two weeks.

Look between the end of your mattress and bed frame.

My Swiss Army knife went missing.  I hang my trousers over the bed’s foot board and stuff can fall out of my pocket— usually on top of the bed, sometimes onto the floor by slipping between the mattress and frame.  This time the knife stayed inside the frame. Could not see it or feel it.  Just lucky I caught a glimpse of it when changing the sheets.

Maybe your knife got the same memo.

:ph34r:

Don't get me started... I keep waiting for the next shoe to drop. I know it's coming. The last one to drop was a steel toe boot.

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

What jacket were you wearing 2 weeks ago?

Did you wear a specific jacket to pose with a specific gun for a photo?

I always keep my knives in a belt pouch. No doubt I took it out to use it and laid it down. I have 3 work benches. Searched them. Searched the equipment shed and vehicles. I was also in two deep backhoe dug holes. If it dropped there it’s buried forever. Hope I find it. It was about a hunnert bucks. :(

10 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Look between the end of your mattress and bed frame.

My Swiss Army knife went missing.  I hang my trousers over the bed’s foot board and stuff can fall out of my pocket— usually on top of the bed, sometimes onto the floor by slipping between the mattress and frame.  This time the knife stayed inside the frame. Could not see it or feel it.  Just lucky I caught a glimpse of it when changing the sheets.

Maybe your knife got the same memo.

:ph34r:

Yeah, I just found my Swiss Army knife that fell out of my pocket last week. Good thing it’s red. ;)

Wow I feel lucky! I had a perfect weekend. sunny, warm, not too windy, didn't lose anything that I know of, the blonde ranch foreperson stayed out of my man cave.

Nothing broke that I know of, whiskey jug is almost full, Me and my dog chilled all weekend. life is good. Sorry UB y'all had a ruff time,  happy hour fixed it.

I do hope your knife turns up.  If you haven’t filled in those holes, maybe you can use a metal detector to look there.  When my knife went missing, I wound up buying another one just like it, so now I have two.  First one was in the cushions of a chair.  I must’ve tossed my Levi’s onto the chair somewhere along the way, and it slid out of the pocket.

Cat Brules

Back when I was about 10-11 years old I put my pocketknife I my pocket while in my upstairs bedroom, and went down two flights of stairs to the garage to cut up some boxes to make a cardboard submarine. When I got there I looked in my pocket but the knife was missing. 40 years later it still has yet to turn up. :unsure:

I once lost and found another Swiss Army Knife on the same day.

Lost a standard, corkscrew model.  Plumb lost...

A few hours later I thought I found it - lying on the ground was a red pocket knife.  Picked it up... it was a Tinker!  Phillips screwdriver in place of the corkscrew.   :)

1 hour ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

A few hours later I thought I found it - lying on the ground was a red pocket knife.  Picked it up... it was a Tinker!  Phillips screwdriver in place of the corkscrew.   :)

And this led you to the life you lead today...you could have ended up a Wino! :D

1 minute ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

And this led you to the life you lead today...you could have ended up a Wino! :D

Whadda ya mean, "could have?"  :)

Why... I had me a glass o' Cabernet just last night!  ^_^

You really drink that stuff, Hardpan? 

17 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Whadda ya mean, "could have?"  :)

Why... I had me a glass o' Cabernet just last night!  ^_^

8 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

You really drink that stuff, Hardpan? 

Sometimes whiskey's in short supply.   :mellow:

Colonel Markley (rest his soul) asked me to perform a wedding for a young couple of his acquaintance, we held it aboard the show barge Becky Thatcher in Marietta, before the flood that sank her.
Dear old Dad bought me a pocket knife when he and Mama went on their very very delayed honeymoon trip to the Blue Ridge Mountains.

He gave it to me when I was twelve.
I was more than twice that age when I loaned it to a young relative of the happy couple so he could punch holes in aluminum cans to tie to the back bumper of the car.

Last I ever saw of that particular knife.

12 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I always keep my knives in a belt pouch. No doubt I took it out to use it and laid it down. I have 3 work benches. Searched them. Searched the equipment shed and vehicles. I was also in two deep backhoe dug holes. If it dropped there it’s buried forever. Hope I find it. It was about a hunnert bucks. :(

Did you happen to find my Buck Stockman? It's been gone a couple of weeks?  I figured it might have gotten to you by now.

58 minutes ago, Noz said:

Did you happen to find my Buck Stockman? It's been gone a couple of weeks?  I figured it might have gotten to you by now.

I’m a great loser. Not much of a finder.

14 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

That’s mine! Dang space/time wormholes!

Lost (misplaced) my binoculars, GPS, hunting knife, folding knife, and a favorite belt. Found the binos in another vehicle, the Gps in my reloading room, the hunting knife in the bottom of a backpack, and the folding knife with the belt hook caught in the webbing of a patio chair, The belt is still AWOL. And the findings took over a month!

At least the American Leak Detecting guys located my elusive water leak! 

On 10/15/2019 at 4:32 PM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Sometimes whiskey's in short supply.   :mellow:

It all depends on the food and the mood.

Right now I’m in a George Dickel mood. No tellin what mood I’l be in after diggin up the water line all day tomorrow. :(

My results with projects of late have had mixed results. Since the weather here has cooled a bit I have tackled some outdoor projects. The broken pull starter rope on the generator - replacing the rope wasn't bad but the recoil spring had become disengaged and it took me hour of bending and rebending the hook end of the spring to get it to finally catch. The garden tractor refusing to start - a goofy solenoid on the bottom of the carb failed and require dismantling the front end of the tractor with all its protective shields and the hood then several screws that were just slightly too long to come all the way out because of a brace welded behind them (the grinder took care of that issue). A new solenoid is $155 so I just disabled the old one. Time to clean the filter on the septic tank - using a wonder bar to hook the handle and pull it out I lost it into the tank and fortunately it semi-floats so after almost hanging half of my body into the tank I managed to hook it and get it out for cleaning. Next will be getting the chainsaw running but first I moved back into the house to deal with a sagging shower door and replacing the sweep on the bottom- that project is still ongoing since the replacement vinyl sweep I picked up has several thick ribs on one edge that makes it too thick to slide in. Also didn't pay attention to the metal piece that pinches the sweep in place so spent a considerable amount of time trying to figure out how that goofy shaped piece was supposed to work.

Elk hunt starts tomorrow and I need a break of projects!

Archived