SASS Wire Forum

Need assistance in the LaClair, Iowa area

Georgia Slick #20382 L

I am a SASS member  located in Lewisburg, TN, and need some assistance.  I am trying to purchase a 1940 Ford pickup cab for sale on Facebook Marketplace.  The guy I am trying to deal with will not let me ship from his location, wants cash and take it away., must have been burned by a scam, I guess.  I need some one i n the LaClair area with a trailer to go get the cab, pay the guy, I will send funds first, and hold till my shipper picks it up.  Really would appreciate the assistance.  PM me if someone can do this and I will give you my telephone number.  Thanks, The Tennessee Cowboy formally known as Georgia Slick.

Do you mean LeClaire, Ia? Over on the east side of the state on the banks of the Mississippi? I don't think I can help ya i'm in the middle of the state and don't have a trailer. Maybe some one in the Quad City area could help out.

Elements of this arrangement do not sound good for several reasons I’m not going into..

Whats the distance.....one way, about 600 miles one way.....1200 miles round trip?

That’s about 80 gallons of gas (@15mpg) x $3.50/gallon = $280.00, plus maybe 20-24 hours of road time, plus an overnight stop, where theft of the truck cab (and maybe the trailer, too, unless the trailer itself is locked solid) is a very HIGHLY DISTINCT possibility.  

.........Some things to consider.

Cat Brules

Archived