SASS Wire Forum

2 new shooters need guns

First of all, thanks for the many replies. However as new shooters, like the rest of us, they were kinna hoping for a bargain to start and while the offers were certainly reasonable, they were a bit much for the gold available.

If anything like that is out there, please e-mail me.

Thanks again-

.........................................................................................................................

NOW LOOKIN' MOSTLY FOR RUGER PISTOLS in 357

.........................................................................................................................

My neighbors are just starting to shoot cowboy.

We let them use our leathers and guns and loaned them my square deal to help them reduce costs.

I found a good used Stoger for them.

They are now looking for a set of 357's and a rifle, hopefully a 66 or 73.

We spoiled them by letting them use my Palo Verde rifle and Boogie pistols.  Big mistake for starters  LOL.

Like many of us when we were young ( I myself can't remember that far back as me and Moses were very good friends), they  don't have a ton of money to start this game.

If you have some safe queens, please let me know and I can pass the info on to them.

Thanks

Raceshots@aol.com

I have a pair of Cimarron Pietta Eliminator C's .....

Factory Short Stroke & Low/Wide Hammers, Tuned by Cimarron, Full Race, 4 3/4", 38/357, Blue & CCH

Wide Hi Viz brass covers on front sights, backstraps engraved by Aspen Filly... one sez "TEXAS" the other "LIBERTY"

They've been shot Lots, I've had them for about 3 years and there is some wear showing on the finish, but they Look Really Nice  !!!!

Very Smooth & Ready to Rock!.....

$1000 for the pair plus shipping to your FFL.... (He must accept pistols shipped from an individual.)

I can take some more pics if they're interested...........

IMG_0333.thumb.jpg.651278c9346cc96f7e39d66f2208ae53.jpg

Got a VERY VERY pristine Marlin 94c---JM stamped 357/38----only had about 300 rounds thru it----every thing factory stock about it---smooth action for factory rig-----will hold 10 rounds 0 38's if ya using 115 0r 125 rnfp cartridges in it!!-----$850 shipped to FFL!-----Also got a Very nice fancy custom made double strong side holsters for 5 !/2 Vaqueros----waist size 34 to 38-----45cal  cartg loops------$300 shipped-DLD

Surely somebody must have a good used set of Hombre 1873's for $700 or less. There's a new one on Gunbroker right now for $379, BIN, and $30 shipping.
DLD 2's Marlin is a pretty dang good deal, and it'll hold its value.

Deals are out there, but ya gotta keep your eyes open - I picked up a pair of NIB Talo/Ruger Birdshead .45 acp sheriff's models on Gunbroker just today for $805.

I kept my eye out on grabagun.com, and scored two new Cimarron Pistoleros in .45 Colt for less than $400 each. They are surprisingly good considering the price. They are timed very well, they lock up nice, they're smooth, and they shoot great. No, they aren't slicked up Vaqueros, but they work, and I shot my first clean match with them a couple of weeks ago no problem. I think for a beginning shooter on a budget they're hard to beat unless you can score a great deal on a used pair.

Dude

Also have a pair of pieta frontiers, 357, 4.5 barrels  nice smooth action, color case hardened with low hammers and engraved wood grips. Basically new as bought and shot maybe 200 rounds and are safe queens.  Can send pics if interested. $1250.

Archived