SASS Wire Forum

Tapatio versus Craftsman Mini Wet Vac

Pat Riot

For dinner tonight I made 2 nice New York strips on the grill and my wife made rice and asparagus. I decided I needed a touch of spice so I broke out the Tapatio hot sauce. “Broke Out” is right. I dropped a full bottle and it hit just right against the baseboard and Viola! Instant interpretative carpet art. 

My wife was not impressed, though she didn’t grumble. She got paper towels and some water and started sipping up the sauce. I decided that my mini wet vac should help so I grabbed it and sucked up all the sauce I could, but the carpet had a distinctive red hue to it. I suggested dying the carpet in the whole house with Tapatio but my Lady gave me that look...you know the one.

Anyway, I saturated the stain with water and worked it with a scrub brush then hit it with the wet vac again and by golly, it looks great. I can’t tell where the stain was even with a bright light. 

I love that mini vac! :D

Gotta remember to put Tapatio on the grocery list... :rolleyes:

I need a hot sauce koozie 

Pat, Tapatio is a gunfighter on Posse 2 at Norco. We’ll be playing cowboy there in a couple of weeks, are you in? He does clean up nice.

10 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Pat, Tapatio is a gunfighter on Posse 2 at Norco. We’ll be playing cowboy there in a couple of weeks, are you in? He does clean up nice.

No. Unfortunately I will not be shooting CAS for a while. My back / ribs cannot deal with firing a rifle, even pistol caliber, and I sure cannot handle a shotgun. :(

It’ll be a while...

6 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Guess what the vacuum will smell like for a long, long time? :P

OLG

That’s okay. I like that smell. ;)

Sometimes we pronounce it "tah-PAY-sho."  Rhymes with "ratio."  ;)                                                                                                 

Usually gets a smile outta the waitress at the breakfast diner...  ^_^

I did that with a bottle of red wine. Tried the soak n suck method with our shop vac, but it was never the same. Glad yours worked out.

We just replaced our dilapidated wooden floor with tile. I have nightmares about dropping either something breakable or dropping one of my cast iron pans on it.  

Archived