SASS Wire Forum

Shotgunning Galore

Our home club is the Powder Creek Shooting Park which is a trap, skeet and sporting clays range. Today, Professional shooter David Miller of CZ-USA Firearms and four youth shooters are attempting to break a world record. They will be trying to break the most number of clay targets shot by a team in a twelve hour period. The current record is 4,602. That's targets broken, not shots fired. 

I watched for a few minutes after our cowboy match where each shooter shot at pairs of trap targets. There's no time wasted between shooters and those clay birds are being thrown up like fireworks. The event started at 10:00 am and ends at 10:00 tonight. I'm tired just thinking about it. Whew!!

Article: https://shawneemissionpost.com/2019/07/12/local-sharpshooter-organizing-attempt-at-guinness-world-record-at-lenexa-shooting-park-80846

4,602  targets by a team in 12 hours doesn't seem that many. I've shot 500 bird marathons of trap where I walked away in the 490s in only a couple of hours as an individual. Am I missing something, or is it perhaps one of those records not many people have attempted?

Archived