SASS Wire Forum

Felony for 12 yr old girl

Rye Miles #13621

Meanwhile, the girl’s grandfather believes the entire incident has been blown out of proportion. ...“I’m really worried about my granddaughter’s future,” he said.

And could lie the problem.  Parents relying on someone else to teach their child morals, ethics and provide an education that would lead the children into a productive member of adulthood?

13 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

Meanwhile, the girl’s grandfather believes the entire incident has been blown out of proportion. ...“I’m really worried about my granddaughter’s future,” he said.

And could lie the problem.  Parents relying on someone else to teach their child morals, ethics and provide an education that would lead the children into a productive member of adulthood?

I don't agree, her gramps is simply stating the obvious. He's saying the system is messed up period. How do you know that her parents are relying on someone else to teach the girl morals and ethics? Do you know them?

If the school district, and local LEO had any sense......they'd be more worried about the kid who asked her questions about killing 5 classmates. This is what's wrong in society present;y. That kid, I'm sure has a real bright future, if killing other is already on their mind at this age.

Hopefully there is recall legislation in the county or at least the DA is an elected position.

9 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I don't agree, her gramps is simply stating the obvious. He's saying the system is messed up period. How do you know that her parents are relying on someone else to teach the girl morals and ethics? Do you know them?

Notice the "?" at the end of my sentance in my post?   I was asking a question, not making a statement.

I agree that the system is messed up.  Unfortunately that includes too many broken homes, uninvolved parents and failing moral  responsibilities.  IMHO.

3 hours ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

If the school district, and local LEO had any sense......they'd be more worried about the kid who asked her questions about killing 5 classmates. This is what's wrong in society present;y. That kid, I'm sure has a real bright future, if killing other is already on their mind at this age.

This. Exactly.

This happened in my community's school district and police department. The Overland Park police have a good reputation and aren't prone to overreaction. I'm betting there's much more to this story than just pointing fingers like a gun. As such, I'm not gonna point my fingers at authorities without more info.

We'll likely never know the details as it involves a juvenile and out here these things are kept private. 

Archived