SASS Wire Forum

Attn Wild Bunch shooters: new Colt 1911 offering

Sixgun Sheridan

Two categories, Traditional and Modern. Traditional requires small, stock sights like these, shot one handed. Modern allows adjustable sights and two handed hold, among other things.

15 minutes ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

Two categories, Traditional and Modern. Traditional requires small, stock sights like these, shot one handed. Modern allows adjustable sights and two handed hold, among other things.

Unless the rules have changed recently, the larger fixed sights like on my Colt govt. model are acceptable for traditional. The white dots however, have to be blacked out.

To the OP, that's pretty cool. If I had some excess cash (and it seems I never do), I'd consider getting one.

In the traditional category replacement larger fixed sights are allowed. At the moment only 2 non-manufacturer supplied replacement sights are listed as legal.  WBAS targets are smaller and further out than CAs targets. Even with larger sights and adjustable ones  on the modern category pistols only 1 person has ever shot WBAS clean at EOR.  It's a shooting match.  Come and have fun. No silly target engagements, just good fun shooting.

Archived