SASS Wire Forum

Airguns, anyone?

Sixgun Sheridan

Recently while cleaning out my old folks' house I found my stash of airguns I had as a kid... Crosman 357, Daisy 880 rifle, etc. I took them home, dusted them off and tried them out. Unfortunately the seals had gone bad in most of them, but a little poking around eBay turned up sellers of replacement parts which I ordered. Now I finally got them working again, and it's a real hoot to shoot from inside my house into an old dirt-filled garbage can sitting right outside the back door. Now I can have some rainy day fun again. I know there are better airguns out there these days, but it's fun to fire up the ones I hunted slugs with when I was 13 years old. Anyone else get into airguns, or rather get back into airguns as of late?

The Sheridan is .22 cal and the RWS is .177 cal.  Two of my grandsons will go through a lot of pellets when they’re here hunting ground squirrels, rabbits and aluminum cans.

EEB307DB-6BF7-44EA-A827-415B3DFDC963.jpeg

I have a Daisy Red Ryder my wife bought me for Christmas 15 or so years ago. I still bring it out and play with it.

In our recent move I rediscovered my Crossman pellet pistol. It needs new seals. 

Thank you for the reminder, Sixgun. I gotta get to finding replacement seals for it. :D

My wife and I have his and hers Weihrauch in .177 and I still have an FWB Model 65 in same.
All are considered muy ilegal to shoot in our backyard in Sacramento county.

We have "One of Those" neighbors who would not hesitate to turn us in.
However, it is still legal to shoot a big compound hunting box in the back yard.
Y'all just be careful now, ya hear?

I got my first airgun at age ten, and it was one of those Marksman 1911 look-alikes where you had to tip the front of the barrel to load BBs, pellets or even small darts. It was extremely low-powered and horribly inaccurate. Second was a Daisy 95, basically a beefier version of the Red Ryder. The Daisy 880 was my third and I think I got it when I was 12 at Christmas. I'm just amazed that I still have it and that it never got lost or thrown away after countless moves. It looks like it went through World War III but I'm even more amazed that I managed to get it running 100% again. Yes I know I could've bought a brand-new one from Walmart for less than $40, but this rifle is mine.

Archived