SASS Wire Forum

Any horticulturists amongst us?

Alpo

A year ago we had a hurricane. And bunches and bunches and bunches and bunches and bunches of trees were blown down. More bunches and bunches and bunches of trees were so badly damaged that they were cut down.

My bank is giving away trees.

And I looked at the picture, and I thought, "What the hell is that?"

Any of y'all got a thought on what that tree might be?

mail.jpg

Magnolia? I’ve never seen one that young but the leaf shape is similar.

We have one next door on the property line. When the old leaves fall they are like dried leather and don’t decompose. Also, a b’’’ch to rake up and you know who gets to do that. :blink:

You do better with one of those pointy stick things and the shoulder bag they give to Parks and Rec people to pick up trash. Try stabbing 40,000 leaves each year. It's fun! Believe me! I wouldn’t lie to you! I promise! :D

I don’t know if it’s a “tree” at all.

To me, the leaves of the photograph example resemble those of the Oleander bush (or tree, or whatever).  But, a lot of plant leaves resemble one another.  So,.....?

I agree that you should contact the bank, which is distributing the “trees,” to find out.

Let us know,   :-)  whether they even know.

Cat Brules

Four hours ago got another email. Trees all gone.

From the pix attached, they were giving out several different types.

mail(2).thumb.jpg.9ca23761c98a76d2cd55cffd1a1ef8a2.jpg

Top, right, left and bottom seem to be maples. Don't know WHAT that woman's got in the middle - pampas grass?

Well, whatever time the tree it is, everyone looks like they’re having a great time hanging out! :-) 

Archived