SASS Wire Forum
Lord of the Annahof

EOT 2020 - Transport and storage of arms

Dear Sass-Members,

first I shortly want to introduce ourselves. My name is Klaus and we are a group of 4 German men who will visit the Event "End of Trail" next year for the first time. Referring to

this  we have some questions and kindly ask for your feedback and support.

1. When will be the exact start for qualification for Cowboy Action Shooting and its first starting date ?

2. Does anybody know a possibilty for storing our weapons as by an arms dealer or somebody else in Albuquerque for a period of 1 - 2 weeks?

We are planning a longer stay in New Mexico and making also holidays for approx. 1 week beside the participation at “End of Trail” and want to

know our weapons safe.

3. Does anybody know a forwarding agency which take over our weapons, bring the arms to New Mexico and also back to Germany and can do the customs clearance including all

necessary issues themselves without carrying along on my own while travelling to New Mexico?

4. Is there a local renting company for campers in Albuquerque?

I’m looking forward to your feedback and hope that somebody can help us in the mentioned above issues.

Many thanks in advance.

Greetings,

Klaus

Here is a partial reply:

1.  You are qualified to attend the match if you are a SASS member in good standing.  Match information is here.

4. Shooters from New Zealand have used CruiseAmerica.com.  They have a rental location in Albuquerque not far from Founders Ranch.  Others have rented from other firms.  Some firms were not reputable.

Winter Range provides information regarding BATF Form 6NIA.  The import/export firm you seek would handle this form for you.

Though you did not ask, Cowboy Shooters Supply brings suitable shotgun shells to EOT for sale.  You can purchase your shotgun shells at the match.

Edited by Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971
6NIA info

If you know Refill, Olli the Kid, or Shotgun Boogie; any of them can help you and they speak German.

Best wishes for a wonderful vacation in the USA!