SASS Wire Forum

NRA Golden Eagles

Pat Riot

Question:

Is the NRA Golden Eagles an actual honored group within the NRA?

I ask because I was “invited to join” but the invitation came with the same usual messages that most emails from the NRA, FPC, GOA, etc. comes with.

I have been donating but if this is just another way to get more money I wish they would just email me a message that says “Send more money” and do away with all the falderal. 

I've been a Golden Eagle for decades. Yeah, it's pretty much a money grab, but I write it off as a donation. You get a few little goodies. I don't know how many ball caps (most of which are ugly) , cheap knives, and belt buckles I have. :lol:

JHC

9 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

I've been a Golden Eagle for decades. Yeah, it's pretty much a money grab, but I write it off as a donation. You get a few little goodies. I don't know how many ball caps (most of which are ugly) , cheap knives, and belt buckles I have. :lol:

JHC

That reminds me, The weather's cooling off. I can start wearing my NRA jacket soon. :D

I was a charter member of Golden Eagles way back when and you are correct that this is another way to garner donations. They’d send you a pretty neat belt buckle every year. 

3 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

JHC

I usually tell them to keep the gifts. I sent a hundred bucks to the NRA ILA last month. They sent me the ugliest folding knife I have ever seen. Big ol’ rubber grip scales with a big gold NRA ILA logo on it. 

I think I will take it to work and leave it on my desk. I may need a tool to open a really big box or something. The letters “N. R. A.” tend to give bed-wetting hand-wringers the shakes where I work. Not the folks I work with everyday, the bureaucrats that come to visit once in a while. 

10 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I usually tell them to keep the gifts. I sent a hundred bucks to the NRA ILA last month. They sent me the ugliest folding knife I have ever seen. Big ol’ rubber grip scales with a big gold NRA ILA logo on it. 

I think I will take it to work and leave it on my desk. I may need a tool to open a really big box or something. The letters “N. R. A.” tend to give bed-wetting hand-wringers the shakes where I work. Not the folks I work with everyday, the bureaucrats that come to visit once in a while. 

They're usually pretty cheesy, but now and then they have something really cool. A few feet to my right on a shelf is about an 8" tall bronze (looking) Minuteman with a plaque. Got a nice jacket this year.

JHC

I just signed up for the Golden Eagles, knowing full well it's a fundraising campaign that isn't disguised very well.  The truth is, it's getting ugly for our side, the NRA is the best defense for it, and they are in financial straits.  I'm giving them my $250.

59 minutes ago, Yellowhouse Sam # 25171 said:

I liked the NRA Quigley Silver Bullet 45-110 replica for keychains!  

I have that one too. I like it very much.

12 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Was it made in CHINA? :rolleyes:

OLG

Archived