SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold 2020

ironmaiden

I will have you know, I can walk a straight line most mornings at Black Gold and I can always dance. I have happy feet all the time its just that they have a tendency to drink too much sometimes up there.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miz Pete I vaguely remember having to pick you and Kitty up .

Kitty's fault.  But we can soooooooooooooo do it backwards.  Just you watch.

Here I am, just chomping at the bit and working on getting in shape to shoot in time for this match!

I need a lemonade fix to wash down all of these meds!!  I missed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years, but I WON’T miss Black Gold!!

Blackwater, dont rush it and we all hope you can shoot with us at Black Gold, I know you will be there if you are on this side of the earth so we will at least get to visit with you but hopefully shoot with you also.

Take care of yourself please.

17 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Blackwater, dont rush it and we all hope you can shoot with us at Black Gold, I know you will be there if you are on this side of the earth so we will at least get to visit with you but hopefully shoot with you also.

Take care of yourself please.

Count on it!!

Well, realism set in and any plans I had for Black Gold, CAC, LandRun. Just went out the window. 

Mentally I could go and WIN.  Physically it just ain't happening.

Hey Joe!  Could I buy some ice cream again?

5 hours ago, MizPete said:

Tommy, what've you done to yourself this time?  If it involves a motorcycle, I don't want to hear it.

I didn’t do it !!

I was beset with another attack of MRSA. This time, ol’ Scratch almost got me!  It set up shop in my neck and went to work in earnest!! I took sick the Friday before Thanksgiving and have been hospitalized ever since.

It took four MRIs and three CT scans, over a seventeen day period to find it! The infection destroyed two discs in my neck and took me into sepsis.  The surgery removed the abcess and did a great reconstruction on my neck. Had a drain for several days, but no ill  effects on my voice and my range of motion is substantially improved.

They moved me to a rehab facility on Dec. twentieth and I have improved steadily.  We’re hoping that I can go home this weekend, but that may be a little optimistic.

It was touch and go for a while there, but like I told everybody at Tennessee State!!  Look for me in the spring!!

8 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I didn’t do it !!

I was beset with another attack of MRSA. This time, ol’ Scratch almost got me!  It set up shop in my neck and went to work in earnest!! I took sick the Friday before Thanksgiving and have been hospitalized ever since.

It took four MRIs and three CT scans, over a seventeen day period to find it! The infection destroyed two discs in my neck and took me into sepsis.  The surgery removed the abcess and did a great reconstruction on my neck. Had a drain for several days, but no ill  effects on my voice and my range of motion is substantially improved.

They moved me to a rehab facility on Dec. twentieth and I have improved steadily.  We’re hoping that I can go home this weekend, but that may be a little optimistic.

It was touch and go for a while there, but like I told everybody at Tennessee State!!  Look for me in the spring!!

It does kinda feel good to know that God had a chance to take you and decided to leave you in place for a bit longer.

53 minutes ago, Noz said:

It does kinda feel good to know that God had a chance to take you and decided to leave you in place for a bit longer.

Either that or ol’ Scratch missed me again.  :rolleyes: :lol:

In any event, it looks like my front row seat in Hell will remain vacant a while longer!!  :lol: :o :lol:

Chick, thar ain't aery shoot around thet can handle you, me and Blackwater all at the same time!

8 minutes ago, Noz said:

Chick, thar ain't aery shoot around thet can handle you, me and Blackwater all at the same time!

Maybe not, but I bet it'd be a hell of a lot of fun trying!

Oh, dear Lord, Tommy, we can't take our eyes off you for twenty minutes.  Glad to know you're on the mend.  I've already told you if we have to push you along the firing line in a wheelchair we will do it, and if we have to take up a collection to get you a bubblesuit we'll do that, too.  You ain't got no front row seat in hell.  Ol' Scratch can't compete with your cowboy family what's got yer back.

:lol: :lol:  J. Mark Flint has informed me that Beelzebub has a restraining order against me anyhow!!!  :lol: :lol:

Getting out of here on Wednesday the 15th. They wanted me to stay through next Friday, but we negotiated. I also got a yard pass to spend some time at home on Sunday for my birthday!!!

Not sure how many we have signed up yet but I am sure the apps are coming in now that the new year is here. Come to Kentucky and visit with family and friends. If you aint one yet you will be by the time you leave.

Blackwater, take care of yourself, I have lost too many friends and spoken at too many funerals. Would like to take a few years off if at all possible.

26 minutes ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Not sure how many we have signed up yet but I am sure the apps are coming in now that the new year is here. Come to Kentucky and visit with family and friends. If you aint one yet you will be by the time you leave.

Blackwater, take care of yourself, I have lost too many friends and spoken at too many funerals. Would like to take a few years off if at all possible.

YOU FOR DAMN SURE HAVE MY VOTE!!

I went home for a while yesterday. Took a nap in my own bed and stuffed myself at IHOP for my birthday!

I’m just about good to go and if I don’t get run over by a train or something, you can STILL look for me when the leaves start budding out!!!

I’m staying away from railroad tracks!!!!  :rolleyes:  :o  B)

I know I have been remiss but I have got both applications on the way. Might even be able to make it up in March.

I got to go home this morning for good!!  Still a long way to go, but these matches are goals that will spur me on!!

Already shouldered my rifle, and I’ll be working my pistols before dark tomorrow!!

Dont be overdoing it Blackwater, Does the ol sawbones know you are already lifting and moving like that?

Copperhead, do you want to offer a RO class at Black Gold or KY State or both. I will be glad to teach one if you would like to offer it.

I’m being VERY careful!!  Been released to drive, can eat or drink anything except alcohol, (interferes with the antibiotics) and I’m able to lift up to ten pounds.

That wouldn’t be a problem, except that I was already rehabing my right shoulder from a minor ligament tear I suffered in late October.  It’s almost back. Full range of motion is almost completely back, but it’s still pretty weak.  Hatfield’s ‘66 is slightly less than ten pounds. I’m exercising with 3# weights and doing what they taught me when I had that shoulder rebuilt a few years ago.

Ran the ‘66 Monday night with no ill effects. Still feels real heavy, but I could hit what I aimed at.  NEEDS WORK!!

I ran the Remingtons through a few dry fire exercises last night. CHECK!!

Today will be the ‘97!  Man’s got to know his limitations!! I AM taking my time and being careful!!  Schoolmarm is the meanest mother hen you’ve ever encountered!!!!

I’d like a refresher on ROII at some point! I KNOW that I’ll be at Black Gold!! So count me as a customer!!

Blackwater

Careful runnin' live rounds through the sg.

Always room for another Outlaw.

SG ain't so rough on the shoulder.

Waimea

17 hours ago, Waimea said:

Blackwater

Careful runnin' live rounds through the sg.

Always room for another Outlaw.

SG ain't so rough on the shoulder.

Waimea

I don’t think I have shouldered my shotgun in three or four years!!

Even when I shoot another category, I seldom shoulder the shotgun.  I’m kinda lazy, so picking it up all the way to my shoulder seems like a lot of extra work!!:rolleyes: :lol:

Hey, Y’all!!  I did a four hour, full on show on Friday night!  We rocked the place clean off the foundation!!

The foot doctor says that my foot looks great, the infection doctor says that I am doing great, but he has put me on oral antibiotics for another few weeks, just to be sure.

I’m knocking around on the cane most of the time, but I’m able to walk a good bit without it.

Don’t look for me to wear no grass skirt! My legs were ugly enough before I lost all this weight, (officially 32 pounds) but now they look like florescent chicken legs!!

Think I’ll find a Hawaiian shirt that’ll make ol’ Korupt Karl jealous!! You know!!  One of those scorch yer eyes units!!  :rolleyes:  :lol:

8 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Think I’ll find a Hawaiian shirt that’ll make ol’ Korupt Karl jealous!! You know!!  One of those scorch yer eyes units!!  

Challenge accepted IF Petey can still button his.  

Archived