SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold 2020

ironmaiden

On 11/5/2019 at 5:38 PM, Tn Tombstone said:

I have heard rumor that we will have two new Outlaws teaching lessons at BG this year. Maybe I need to start Senior Outlaw.

It gets my vote! Go with the McDonalds rule: 55 and up.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does this mean that there will be a Silver Senior Outlaw or Elder Statesman Outlaw someday ?? :o :rolleyes: :lol:

With this unbelievable cold snap, I am trying to channel Black Gold, of course next July I will be trying to channel this cold snap.

This is more my kind of weather!  I used to place higher in matches and even win once in a while when the weather turned cold because some folks didn’t shoot well and others didn’t shoot at all!! :o  :lol:

This past Thursday, I was accused of blatantly promoting this event!!  

GUILTY AS CHARGED!!!

This is my "Home away from home!" club!!  Wartrace will always be my home club, but the folks at Ponderosa Pines, (this really got started at the legendary Possum Trot) are my family of choice!!

Black Gold is the annual family reunion where you like everyone in the family and the family just keeps on growin'!!!

I guess I am as guilty as you at this point. This is one of my favorite shoots and one I am deeply involved with. As stated it is more of a family reunion where you like everyone in your family.

I am sure we will push the limit of shooters again this year, it just keeps getting better and better.

It also gives me something to think about during the cold winter months.

On 11/16/2019 at 11:04 AM, Blackwater 53393 said:

This past Thursday, I was accused of blatantly promoting this event!!  

GUILTY AS CHARGED!!!

This is my "Home away from home!" club!!  Wartrace will always be my home club, but the folks at Ponderosa Pines, (this really got started at the legendary Possum Trot) are my family of choice!!

Black Gold is the annual family reunion where you like everyone in the family and the family just keeps on growin'!!!

I believe that miscreant said, "Singlehandedly keeping the thread bumped to the top".

I certainly wouldn’t dispute the description of the guilty party!!

But lunch WAS good.  

I saw that thread about the picture of Billy the Kid and I was talking to Copperhead and he said something about giving away a picture of Billy the Kid at Black Gold or maybe he said he was giving away a picture of Billy the Avenger as a kid, you know cell reception can be tricky up there at Ponderossa Pines. Anyway, not sure how these rumors get started but sometimes they grow wings and just take off.

So!! What’s it take to get in on the drawing???

I would think it would take Artistic ability but since I don't posses any I really don't know.

Got the paper, but somebody keeps eating my crayons!!  Can I use chalk??

Just added this one to my calendar and wow is my calendar filling up. Looks like work will be getting in the way again this year.

We gotta ‘ get Widder and Slater to come out this year!!  

Did anybody count all the Jedi Gunfighters in attendance last year???

I don't think anyone got a count but that was when we inducted that young punk, Missouri What's his name, you know world champion Gunfighter, soon to be shooting Outlaw with me. O' yea, Lefty that is his handle. Missouri Lefty, most have never heard of him but someday he will be famous. :lol:

Yep, I am liking the sound of Senior Outlaw more and more.

Dang Titus, it takes me until August to get over Black Gold. You must recover quicker than I do.

I remember one time going to the doctor the week after Black Gold.  I felt I had to confess about it, as I had no idea what was going to show up in the blood work.

I told ya'll wut, ole Whiskey Creek Johnson's been noodling away whilst he's hibernating this winter on some knew and mprooved shenanigans for Hillbillee Olimpiks. Just 8 more months till Black Gold.  It's gonna be epic ya'll!

Kajun

If you are going to be there along with your running buddies, it may take 8 months to figure out how to get enough anit-mojo bags to put one in each shooters package.

If you are going to be there along with your running buddies, it may take 8 months to figure out how to get enough anit-mojo bags to put one in each shooters package.

It's that TN Williams doll creator and collector....I'm innocent I tell ya! :P

Kajun

it may take 8 months to figure out how to get enough anit-mojo bags to put one in each shooters package.

Chicken feet are cheap.

Wemay have to have a mojo shoot to rid Ponderosa Pines of those nasty little devils.

I am pretty sure we can bury a horse shoe in the garden under a full moon on the last Friday of the month that ends in a Y or something like that. Maybe dance around a bonfire backwards while singing Louie Louie. Plenty of ways to get ride of the voodoo that hangs around the krazy one.

As long as none of ya have to go in a straight line you'll be ok. I've seen more than one cowboy and cowgirl have trouble walking in a straight line at BG. No way in hell could they dance backwards!:wacko:

But....what if that's the only way I can dance!?:unsure:

I'd say your wife can because we all know women have eyes in the back of their head, but you......not so much! :P

Kajun

I cain’t dance, but I love getting others to!!

Archived