SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold 2020

ironmaiden

We made it to Manchester and checked into the motel.

After we get the car unloaded and get a bite to eat,  I reckon we’ll head to the range.

Y’all c’mon!!  Safe travels!

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty good little poker game tonight!

Supper ar Pat’s tomorrow night!! Kind of a meet and greet!!

7:00 pm!  Good food and good fun!!

You really know how to hurt a guy!!!

8 hours ago, Noz said:

You really know how to hurt a guy!!!

HEY BIG GUY!!!  We miss ya’!!!

The evening at Pat’s Bar and Grill was great!!  They reserve the room for the cowboys and we filled the place up!!  Great food and good times!!

Folks are starting to really pour in now!!  Side matches Thursday.  Also RO1 class, yard sale, pot luck supper and a bunch of carrying on!!

Copperhead and the gang are working hard to make it fun and safe!!

ALL YOU STRAGGLERS, SADDLE UP!!!

Wiamea’s here and I saw a couple of others setting up, but I ain’t getting around too good and haven’t toured the grounds lately!

MB!!  There’s a laser engraver here. I don’t know if he’s set up to work, but his stuff looks good and I heard him talking about taking orders.

Hot and sunny today!! Folks came down the pathway from the range smiling and carrying on!!  

The Cowboy Olimp Picks started this afternoon with the team shoot and a bracketed man competition called The Drag Race!  Fun times! Then they had a Snake Stompin’!! It involves running through the grass and smashing eggs, barefooted!!  The final event of the day involved small pools with water in ‘em?  I think it just may have been the most popular event of the day!

They moved on to side match awards and finally, karaoke with T-Bone emceeing!!

All in all , A WHOLE LOTTA SHAKIN’ GOIN’ ON!!!!

We, (the band) got off stage a little before 1:00 am Sunday morning and plans for next year were already in the works!!

Again, WHAT A PARTY!!

They gave away TWO Dillon 750s, a beautiful “in the white” ‘73 in .357/.38, a nice cap’n’ ball revolver, and at least a dozen other super nice works of art and prizes.

We auctioned off a gorgeous quilt, funds going to Folds of Honor, and the winner offered it up to be auctioned off AGAIN!! I was busy on stage at the time, but I think that the two auctions took in over $1,200.00!!!!

The fish fry was delicious, as usual and there was PLENTY to go around!!  Dessert  wars, beverage wars, and snack wars all produced delightful entries, and the “Chaps ‘n’ Chinks” contest was........ “INTERESTING”!!!

Even with the attendance down a little due to the Covid epidemic and the resulting dip in the economy, we had numerous current and former SASS World and National champions in attendance!  I personally heard many of them say that they have The Black Gold Shootout on their calendars EVERY YEAR!!

SO!! Thanks to Copperhead Joe and the WHOLE Ponderosa Pines crew, (‘Specially Daddy Boots and Miss Rose!!  And don’t forget the cooks!!!!) for making this another one to remember!!

AND!! Thanks to all you Cowboys, Cowgirls, Duelists, Frontiersman, Gunfighters, and Outlaws for making this happen!!!  Without all y’all, this couldn’t happen and it’d just be our hosts working so hard for nothing!!  You are truly our VIPs!!!

Hopefully, scores will be posted soon. Unless they're already posted, & I'm not looking in the right place.

Thanks to everyone who worked so hard in the heat to make this happen. Ophelia & I had a blast!!

7 minutes ago, Yazoo City Gal said:

Max, what happens at Black Gold stays at Black Gold.  

We sure did miss you!!  Me and Meangun Mark, Korupt Karl, Sidekick, and others sang The Ballad of Curtis Lowe in remembrance of Wally!  He was missed too! :wub: :(

2 hours ago, Moog said:

mmmmmmmm rootbeer shine is good!

yes it was.

can you do birch beer, or sarsaparilla shine?

56 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

We sure did miss you!!  Me and Meangun Mark, Korupt Karl, Sidekick, and others sang The Ballad of Curtis Lowe in remembrance of Wally!  He was missed too! :wub: :(

Yep. What Blackwater said!

Harley!  I wasn’t able to shoot and only got up to the range a couple of times.

With any luck, Tombstone will pipe up here in a bit and give us the lowdown!!

As always a great time was had by all. Like Blackwater said even with attendance down due to covid , it was still a must do event. Kitty and I will be back again next year. Many Thanks to Copperhead Joe, Iron Maiden, Whiskey Creek and the rest of the BG crew.

1 hour ago, Cemetery said:

yes it was.

can you do birch beer, or sarsaparilla shine?

Now that is an idea. Madame can make anything so probably.

Thanks, Blackwater for all the updates.
There's a surprise about Lefty. Ha! Congratulations!

Many have said: "We don't need him in Gunfighter, now, we don't need him in Outlaw!"

Kidding, of course.....Way to go!

Harley.

Scores.....          ?

1 hour ago, Moog said:

Now that is an idea. Madame can make anything so probably.

Oooooo.....I'll take a bottle of each!

2 hours ago, Palmetto Traveler said:

As always a great time was had by all. Like Blackwater said even with attendance down due to covid , it was still a must do event. Kitty and I will be back again next year. Many Thanks to Copperhead Joe, Iron Maiden, Whiskey Creek and the rest of the BG crew.

Yep, I had another great time at BG and will be back.  It's always fun to go to that family reunion.  I did hear, howsomever that ole Koda Joe had a tussle wif a piece of voodoo dollery and had a squeak in his chinks.  You just never know what ole Koda Joe will be into next.

Anywhoo, many thanks for Copperhead Joe, Iron Maiden, Whiskey Creek Johnson, Catatonic, Ringer and all the rest of the fine folks that did all the work behind the scenes to put on yet another fun match.  It's become a social event where a gunfight breaks out and everyone has a great time.  Can't wait till the next one!

Kajun

Archived