SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold 2020

ironmaiden

On 6/26/2020 at 6:54 PM, Krazy Kajun said:

I've heard that Badlands Bob was a dance instructor prior to going into law enforcement...and besides, he looks guilty! :ph34r:

Kajun

She didn't learn that stuff from me.  I have a hard enough time walking and chewing gum.  Dancing is not my thing.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need to get a count of interested parties for ROI at Black Gold this year. I have to get the items from SASS and it takes a few weeks to get the books and pins in for HQ. So if you are interested in taking the class please respond here or PM me.

Thanks.

TT!  I’d like to audit the class. Won’t need a pin, but literature at your discretion.

On 6/28/2020 at 12:24 AM, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

She didn't learn that stuff from me.  I have a hard enough time walking and chewing gum.  Dancing is not my thing.

Gonna have to go with Bob on this one.

12 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

TT!  I’d like to audit the class. Won’t need a pin, but literature at your discretion.

+1

I have a bunch of vest I would like to part with, might even throw in a few pistols but they will be priced for what they are worth.

7 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

I have a bunch of vest I would like to part with, might even throw in a few pistols but they will be priced for what they are worth.

Wish you'd bring a few of the shotguns you had a couple years ago.

That was a screaming deal.

I am gonna be 2 steps ahead of T-Bone this year. Ya can't walk behind him and expect a good deal to be left. :lol:

You probably need to be a few days ahead of T-Bone to beat him to a deal.

Waimea I was going to bring a hammered sxs to sale. Cowboy I purchased it from said he shot both black and smokeless power with it. I"ll put your name on it.:D

13 hours ago, Uncle Ethan # 94321 said:

Waimea I was going to bring a hammered sxs to sale. Cowboy I purchased it from said he shot both black and smokeless power with it. I"ll put your name on it.:D

I don't own a sg that hasn't shot both smokiless and BP.

kR

22 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

You probably need to be a few days ahead of T-Bone to beat him to a deal.

He has a knack for sniffing out deals.B)

21 hours ago, Uncle Ethan # 94321 said:

Don't be scratching my name on your sg.

Use a pencil.

I ain't much on shooting a double but if it got a weird release I want to take a look see.:)

I might have an item or two for the yard sale.  I’ll have to rummage around and see what turns up.

We allowed to bring factory ammo for this yard sale?  I got Remington and Ten X loads of 25.20 to bring.

Don’t see why not.  We’ve seen ammo sales before. I sold a nice little Colt 1903 and let several boxes of the appropriate cartridges go with it!

22 hours ago, Cemetery said:

We allowed to bring factory ammo for this yard sale?  I got Remington and Ten X loads of 25.20 to bring.

Cemetery, looking forward to seeing you again.

We shot together once a LONG time ago.

My first FL State Match. It was in St Augustine. I could look it up but I don't recall the year.

I enjoyed shooting with you.

And since I did some time (just living) in NJ we had that in common.:lol:

Waimea

I lived in NJ for a while when I was a kid.  Have several relatives who still live there.

2 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I lived in NJ for a while when I was a kid.  Have several relatives who still live there.

Really!

There's a little known factoid.

I lived in Garfield for 10 years.

Where were you?

Metuchen, Kennilworth, and Livingston.  Almost six years.  My dad’s whole family was from Union/Vauxhall!

We moved back to Tennessee after my sixth grade year.

8 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Metuchen, Kennilworth, and Livingston.  Almost six years.  My dad’s whole family was from Union/Vauxhall!

We moved back to Tennessee after my sixth grade year.

I knew there was a reason you seemed almost normal.

:o

kR

14 minutes ago, Kid Rich said:

I knew there was a reason you seemed almost normal.

:o

kR

Precisely!! I got back to my roots in Tennessee before all that yankee influence got the better of me.

My dad said on more than one occasion that he was born in New Jersey, but he belonged in Tennessee!!

Precisely!! I got back to my roots in Tennessee before all that yankee influence got the better of me.

My dad said on more than one occasion that he was born in New Jersey, but he belonged in Tennessee!!

Your Dad was a smart man.

On 7/3/2020 at 9:09 PM, Waimea said:

Cemetery, looking forward to seeing you again.

We shot together once a LONG time ago.

My first FL State Match. It was in St Augustine. I could look it up but I don't recall the year.

I enjoyed shooting with you.

And since I did some time (just living) in NJ we had that in common.:lol:

Waimea

I remember that match.  I had alot of fun.  I didn't shoot for 6 or 7 months that year, and thought I would no longer enjoy SASS as so many people I normally shot all moved on to other aspects of life.

28 minutes ago, Cemetery said:

I remember that match.  I had alot of fun.  I didn't shoot for 6 or 7 months that year, and thought I would no longer enjoy SASS as so many people I normally shot all moved on to other aspects of life.

This’n will put the fun back in yer game!!  You’re gonna wish all your matches could be like this!!

OH!  And we shoot a lot too!!  Bring lots of ammo and get ready to use it up!!

I just got a call from the Heritage Inn in Manchester, confirming my reservation!!

That was cool!!

12 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Bring lots of ammo and get ready to use it up!!

Reckon I'll put on some Black Sabbath and get to loadin'!!

Well just about one week and it'll be on.  Hitching up the wagons on Sunday and should make it to the family reunion on Tuesday. I'll see ya'll there.

Kajun

2 minutes ago, Purly SASS # 57438 said:

Is there a Kajun community in Kentucky? 

There will be next week.

21 hours ago, Cemetery said:

You will enjoy Black Gold.

It's really laid back. That's the understatement of the year.:lol:

Cemetery just make sure you get all of your shots before you go. Especially if you're gonna be around that Kajun fella. You never know what you might catch.

12 hours ago, Palmetto Traveler said:

Cemetery just make sure you get all of your shots before you go. Especially if you're gonna be around that Kajun fella. You never know what you might catch.

No need for inoculation!  We make them coonasses take a shower and drink lemonade when they arrive!  Some of ‘em fuss about the lack of crawfish in the water, but the lemonade usually settles ‘em right down!!

No need for inoculation!  We make them coonasses take a shower and drink lemonade when they arrive!  Some of ‘em fuss about the lack of crawfish in the water, but the lemonade usually settles ‘em right down!!

15 hours ago, Palmetto Traveler said:

I'll have enough hellfire and brimstone to sterilize the range.

Archived