SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold 2020

ironmaiden

On 6/6/2020 at 8:19 AM, Tn Tombstone said:

Waimea, make sure you bring me some of those "NO MISS" Outlaw bullets, you know the ones I am talking about.

You mean tha one that make real purdy splats? Guaranteed no miss.

Got you covered.

On 6/6/2020 at 11:46 AM, Blackwater 53393 said:

WhyMe makes good bullets!!  I’ll be wanting some more soon myself!!

1,000 38/357s in a 158gr?

I think I will have a few on board for ya, BW.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Superb!!  Going to have the 110s assembled today!!

Tombstone said we need to keep this on the front page!!

Waimea, when are you planning on being up here for Black Gold, I think all the hard work will be done by Monday and there were no plumbing problems this year.

I ain’t Waimea, but I’m figuring on being there Monday, about mid-afternoon.

On 6/10/2020 at 2:08 PM, Tn Tombstone said:

Waimea, when are you planning on being up here for Black Gold, I think all the hard work will be done by Monday and there were no plumbing problems this year.

I'm thinking Blackwater and I are gonna have a race up the hill.

Looks like Monday since all the hard work will be done.

I don't really consider plumbing hard work. Ya get to sniff a little glue and make friends with the locals under the building. :lol:

Save some w*rk for me.

Waimea

Just a passing thought.....I wonder what the twisted mind of Whiskey Creek Johnson is ciphering on right now.  What kind of fun and crazy stuff does he and his crew have in store for us this year?

Kajun

13 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Just a passing thought.....I wonder what the twisted mind of Whiskey Creek Johnson is ciphering on right now.  What kind of fun and crazy stuff does he and his crew have in store for us this year?

Kajun

Don’t EVEN go there!!:ph34r: :wacko: :o

I got to shoot with WCJ and Copperhead yesterday, I did not see anything that seemed more twisted than usual.

Dont know if I mentioned this earlier but we will be riding again this year on Wednesday for those of you who ride an iron horse and want to run some beautiful Kentucky back roads. I will try to keep it to only one U turn this year but I will not make any promises. Watch Justified and we will run through Harlan if you all want to.

We went to Ponderossa Pines for the weekend to talk about Black Gold, meet with some good friends that we have not gotten to see in 6 months or more, discussed stages, social distancing, the upcoming match and how to handle it.

We shot two days, listened to some really great music and pretty much had a relaxing weekend. As anyone who has been out lately knows, social distancing breaks down pretty quickly, we shake hands and hug by instinct. We will do what we can to make Black Gold safe for all who want to come, with plenty of hand sanitizer, internal sanitizer and as much distance as we can maintain. Mask will be optional, working on loading and unloading with distance.

If you are comfortable getting out and around people come on out to Black Gold, we will have plenty of heat and it is all outdoors so hopefully we will be as safe as we can.

For those that feel better waiting a year we also began discussions on Black Gold 2021 so the show will go on.

Feels like it's getting purdy close.

I'm looking forward to a great week of fun.

Hope to see a lot of familiar faces.

I'll bring a few freedom seeds to spread around.

Maybe a jug of pool chlorine and a hand sprayer for the bath house.:lol:

Dang ole Blackwater is prolly gonna beat me up the hill on Monday. I got a couple of stops to make on the way. :angry:

Ain't no stinkin' pandemic gonna keep me away from BLACK GOLD!

I won’t miss it!  I’m having my foot operated on again tomorrow and I may show up to the line with an IV stuck in me somewhere, but I ain’t gonna miss it!!

39 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I won’t miss it!  I’m having my foot operated on again tomorrow and I may show up to the line with an IV stuck in me somewhere, but I ain’t gonna miss it!!

Yeah and I’m sure wuts in the IV will be for “medicinal purposes” only! ;)

Kajun

On 10/20/2019 at 10:28 PM, Blackwater 53393 said:

Did I mention that beer flows out of a wall in the pavilion??  NO!  I mean REALLY!!!

AND COWBOY JUICE OUT OF THE HANGING SEWER PIPES.

On 11/25/2019 at 2:27 PM, Tn Tombstone said:

I don't think anyone got a count but that was when we inducted that young punk, Missouri What's his name, you know world champion Gunfighter, soon to be shooting Outlaw with me. O' yea, Lefty that is his handle. Missouri Lefty, most have never heard of him but someday he will be famous. :lol:

Yep, I am liking the sound of Senior Outlaw more and more.

LEFTY is scary.  The buzzer sounds and there is a big smokey explosion and He's done.

Nothin’ more fun than watching Lefty, Sidekick, Billy the Avenger, and Vaquero Jake go at it, no holds barred and egging each other on!!

Reminds me of Whiskey Creek and myself in our younger days.

What, you all don't remember those days? They were in black and white back then.:lol:

40 minutes ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Reminds me of Whiskey Creek and myself in our younger days.

What, you all don't remember those days? They were in black and white back then.:lol:

And they timed us with an hourglass!!

Which was modern technology compared  to the sundial.

You guys are laughing, but I remember a club that timed with a stopwatch and scored with a pencil.

1 hour ago, MizPete said:

You guys are laughing, but I remember a club that timed with a stopwatch and scored with a pencil.

NO! Ma’am!!!  Ain’t joking!!  

And just what is wrong with scoring with a pencil???<_< :lol: B)

3 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

And just what is wrong with scoring with a pencil???

Made me do math!!  I'm an English major.

Okay. Ophelia & Max are coming. We haven't done BG before. Ophelia thought it might be too wild for us, but Krazy Kajun assured us it's a conservative, low key affair, so we're in!

12 minutes ago, Max Payne said:

Okay. Ophelia & Max are coming. We haven't done BG before. Ophelia thought it might be too wild for us, but Krazy Kajun assured us it's a conservative, low key affair, so we're in!

Max,

Just eat supper and go to bed. You'll be ok. ;)

5 hours ago, Max Payne said:

You'll have a blast!

After being on my radar for 13 years or abouts, I'm finally gonna be able to make this.

Load 'em up up hot, heavy, and smokey!!

6 hours ago, Max Payne said:

Compared to what Ophelia is used to BG is a pretty low key affair.  When Ophelia gets a swig of some Copperhead Juice that'll loosen up her vocal chords and we'll be the fortunate audience of some first class karaoke renditions of her favorites. You ain't heard real Southern karaoke if'n you ain't heard Ophelia belting out some really boss tunes. ;)

Kajun

18 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Get a few drinks in Ophelia and she'll sing Karaoke with the best of them.  

Yeah, man! She likes, "Can't Get enough of your love (that's Max's love, just to clarify) by Bad Company!! She broke out some pretty good dance moves at Alabama that I had never seen before!   (Note to self: Ask her where she learned those).

She’ll have to go some to match Last Kiss on the dance floor!!

:wub:

3 hours ago, Max Payne said:

Yeah, man! She likes, "Can't Get enough of your love (that's Max's love, just to clarify) by Bad Company!! She broke out some pretty good dance moves at Alabama that I had never seen before!   (Note to self: Ask her where she learned those).

I've heard that Badlands Bob was a dance instructor prior to going into law enforcement...and besides, he looks guilty! :ph34r:

Kajun

Gearing up to be one of the most memorable if not the best Black Gold ever.

Let's not forget the yard sale.

I LOVE THE YARD SALE.

Got the current hat and main match SG from the yard sale. It changes by the hour.

Archived