SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold 2020

ironmaiden

24 minutes ago, Cumberland Mtn John SASS#40593 said:

Tn Tombstone and Blackwater,

I  haven't hear a word about The Crap Shoot.  Is it going to be held?

I  need to know for I have motel reservations made for the 3rd weekend.

Any word will smoothe my mind.

CMJ

https://ponderosa-pines.com/crap-shoot

Joe's number is at the bottom of that page.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Cumberland Mtn John SASS#40593 said:

Tn Tombstone and Blackwater,

I  haven't hear a word about The Crap Shoot.  Is it going to be held?

I  need to know for I have motel reservations made for the 3rd weekend.

Any word will smoothe my mind.

CMJ

Yes John.

Its on!

I wish I was recovered enough to make the Crap Shoot!!  I'm still rehabbing my legs and shoulders from the recent hospital episode!!  Joined a fitness center and I'm making progress!!  I'm walking some without the cane and doing it more every day.  I'm up to about 15 minutes on the stationary bicycle and doing thirty reps in sets of five and ten on four separate machines!!

I can press my Henry over my head 10 times in twenty seconds and I'm working on my pistol routine too!!

There was a planning session last week-end to work on some ideas for Black Gold and also for the KY State match. After a few long days and longer nights we ended in a round table discussion, just kind of passing the buck as it were. The biggest thing discussed was to actually call into a possible three of a kind never mind if that second down card was the 4th of a kind. After many topics, it was decided the boys from Tennessee need a rematch from the boys from Kentucky. We got robbed I tell ya. They left me with one 1$ bill, I tried to give it to Boots the next morning just because he would have won it anyway.

It's lookin' better all the time!!  I went to my infections doctor a week ago last Thursday for blood cultures and a checkup. I'm now almost four months infection free and as of last Monday, I'm officially off of antibiotics for the foreseeable future!!

This marks two weeks that me 'n' Schoolmarm have been hitting the gym three days a week and I can tell that my strength and stamina are improving.  The band did another show two weekends ago and we rocked the place DOWN!!

I told Copperhead to hold me a spot on a posse for this event and I'm doing a little dry firing and just routine gun handling.  If my luck holds out, I orta' be full function by shooting' time!! 

My brother in law just texted me.

Gas prices in London KY .99!

They're trying to tempt me to come out of my quarantaine.

• 1 month later...

Bringin' this'n back up front where it belongs!!!

We're still plannin' on bein'  there!!

2 hours ago, Copperhead Joe, SASS # 39162 said:

Howdy all. While we don't have a crystal ball we are planning on having the best Black Gold yet!!!!! Hopefully these restrictions will lifted enough to get us through the Match. Can't wait to see y'all it's been too long!!!!   

Joe, y’all gonna have some of that there Covid oral vaccine liquid available there? You know....fer medisinul purposes ya see! :D

Kajun

9 minutes ago, MizPete said:

You know it'll kill the germs.

I've kilt plenty with it.:lol:

1 hour ago, Waimea said:

I've kilt plenty with it.:lol:

HELL!!  We’ve killt plenty of it!!! :lol: :rolleyes: B)

Still moving forward with plans for Black Gold, I will offer RO 1 class on Thursday around noon, hell, I may need to offer a refresher class on CAS if this virus keeps us home much longer.

I might want to audit you RO class!!

I'm an Outlaw, I don't ZOOM. I did wonder if we could develop a course to teach online but as I am a Luddite that is beyond my capabilities.

• 2 weeks later...

Lets keep this up front for the next two months.

We had a board meeting this past weekend at Ponderossa Pines to discuss Black Gold. At this time it is on like Donkey Kong. Heat is supposed to be bad on this little virus so we have ordered plenty of hot. We probably will not be passing the jar like we used to but you are welcome to bring your own glass to raise in a toast. If you are uncomfortable getting out then please don't, if you are sick please stay home, if you want to come have the time of your life with a little shooting involved. Come on up/down/over to Manchester KY.

We are also planning on having a motorcycle ride on Wednesday again. Depending on who is coming to ride will depend on where we go but it will be fun, it will be an adventure and it will involve at least one U-Turn. (Not sure why but that always happens with I am in the lead.)

• 2 weeks later...

Time must be gettin close. Them Carolina wimmen have been blowin each other’s phones up with all their planning.  
Is there a beverage contest and if so is rum the ingredient?

With all the lock down we’ve had to suffer through it’ll be a great time for everyone to let their hair down. 
Can’t wait!!

Lemonade is a great disinfectant and can be taken internally!!

I am just pointing out the obvious!!

Had the good fortune to be at a match wif TT and Copperhead Joe this weekend. They said if I got there on Tues I’d be late! :D

I’m ready to hitch the Democrats to the covered wagon and head north. 

Kajun

I'm sure looking forward to it.

Last year I took advantage of the swimming hole.

It was cool and relaxing.

Anybody that thinks FL is any cooler in July than KY just might need an attitude adjustment.

C'mon FL shooters!

LET'S GO TO KENTUCKY!

1 hour ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Black Gold.  I can't think of a better reason to go to Kentucky.

PREE-CISELY

On 10/13/2019 at 6:55 AM, mean gun mark said:

Hmmmmm, I’m thinking some pulled pork, with a pineapple, rum infused bar b que sauce on the side.....looking forward to it, always a good time at the pines

NOZ!!!!  We NEED to get together!  You up to traveling??

Noz, maybe we could set you up a welcome tent so you could greet folks as they arrive, of course you would need to get there sometime Sunday to catch us all.

At this point, I’m figuring midday Monday!!

On 6/3/2020 at 6:47 AM, Tn Tombstone said:

Noz, maybe we could set you up a welcome tent so you could greet folks as they arrive, of course you would need to get there sometime Sunday to catch us all.

That's a great idea BUTT the Doctors have found out that I am made of money.  Had an MRI yesterday as a probable prep for a knee replacement.  I only gots one thing that could be working better. I don't reckon the VA is willing to try fixing that.

You could always do like I did when I had my shoulder rebuilt!!

Go to Black Gold on Monday, shoot everything I could shoot, play and party ‘til Saturday night, go home Sunday afternoon, and report to the hospital Monday morning for surgery!!  

NO PROBLEMO!!!!

One look at my blood work after a week at Ponderossa Pines and they would put me in rehab before and after the surgery.

4 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

One look at my blood work after a week at Ponderossa Pines and they would put me in rehab before and after the surgery.

YESSIR!!!

Hardly needed any anesthesia at all!!  :lol::lol:  :o  :lol: :lol:

Waimea, make sure you bring me some of those "NO MISS" Outlaw bullets, you know the ones I am talking about.

WhyMe makes good bullets!!  I’ll be wanting some more soon myself!!

1,000 38/357s in a 158gr?

Archived