SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold 2020

ironmaiden

Ok folks, the theme for Black Gold 2020 is” hillbilly luau”. Shooting attire- shorts and Hawaiian shirt or cowboy. Classic and b western please wear accoutrements. Now dessert must have coconut and pineapple. The twist- RUM! Oh, can’t wait to see what you bakers come up with. Good luck! Hillbilly style! 

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can soooooooooooo do this.  Where we come from, Hawaiian shirt means cowboy hat & boots & Hawaiian shirt & whatever in  between.  Rum fairy, what you got?

I guess we’d better learn some Don Ho!!  Just KIDDING!!

Are ya’ gonna’ do a pig roast??

That’s all the info you get right now! Can’t ruin the surprises. Ladies can wear moo moos , grass skirts, etc. Hint- you might want to start stretching now.

Hmmmmm, I’m thinking some pulled pork, with a pineapple, rum infused bar b que sauce on the side.....looking forward to it, always a good time at the pines

MGM, you are the BBQ master. Can’t wait to try some of that

7 hours ago, mean gun mark said:

Hmmmmm, I’m thinking some pulled pork, with a pineapple, rum infused bar b que sauce on the side.....looking forward to it, always a good time at the pines

Count us in.  I've got a coconut bra and grass skirt.    Hopefully shooting outlaw won't catch the skirt on fire

Ya’s all KNOW that I’ll be there!  I’m even thinkin’ about entering the dessert contest!!  

BUT!! My real goal is to shoot the match, WITH A POSSE!!  I’m hoping to maybe get ol’ Widder and some of the other Jedi will get together to put together an all Jedi posse!  Maybe even get my new friend Red Knee to come and join us!!

I got to visit with the folks at the Tennessee State Match on Saturday and I told everybody to, “Look for me in the spring!”

I aim to get healthy and get back in the game.  It’s not unrealistic to expect to carefully work my way back into shape while I finish getting my foot healed up and get some work in on shooting skills at the same time.

Christmas, Crap Shoot, Black Gold!!!  The next few months look REALLY exciting!!

9 minutes ago, Tequila Chase said:

@ironmaiden  When in July is this?  And who is the sponsoring club?

https://ponderosa-pines.com/

Black Gold

July 16 - 18, 2020
Ponderosa Pines, Manchester, KY
Located 2.2 miles off Exit 20, Hal Rogers Parkway in Manchester, KY.
Ponderosa Pines is 20 miles East of I-75, at London, KY, 
and 30 miles West of Hazard, KY

12 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Ya’s all KNOW that I’ll be there!  I’m even thinkin’ about entering the dessert contest!!  

BUT!! My real goal is to shoot the match, WITH A POSSE!!  I’m hoping to maybe get ol’ Widder and some of the other Jedi will get together to put together an all Jedi posse!  Maybe even get my new friend Red Knee to come and join us!!

I got to visit with the folks at the Tennessee State Match on Saturday and I told everybody to, “Look for me in the spring!”

I aim to get healthy and get back in the game.  It’s not unrealistic to expect to carefully work my way back into shape while I finish getting my foot healed up and get some work in on shooting skills at the same time.

Christmas, Crap Shoot, Black Gold!!!  The next few months look REALLY exciting!!

Just to prove my  heart is in the right place; I'll drink to the red paragraph.  Just so you won't get confused, If you see me drinking it's not cause I like the stuff or found a bottle; It will be because I will try very hard to make the BLACK GOLD SHOOT.  I KNOW. I KNOW I HAVE SAID THE SAME THING FOR THE LAST TWO YEARS.  But this year...............I have learned the "get healthy dance".    Not familiar with the dance? lts the dance where you find a willing nurse (preferably of the female persuation {who likes to rassle} if you identify as male on your tax return)). Then you proclaim LOUDLY that some one hit you in the head with an unknown object and you have no memory of the day in question.  Hey, it worked for me for almost 90 days over the last year.

Miss Lorrie thinks my story is getting a little thin in some of the details, so good luck!

I am available for "story" consolation if you feel the need.

Okay, Mr Noz!!  I’ma holdin’ ya to that!!

Hey Blackwater— You May have not always been healthy, but YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN IN THE GAME!  

TINY BUBBLES should be an easy number for you and the band!  Don Ho trivia—Did you know he was an ACE in the Korean War.  Air Force Major!  SALUTE!

On 10/13/2019 at 3:01 PM, doc roy l. pain said:

MGM, you are the BBQ master. Can’t wait to try some of that

Doc, comments like that will get ya invited for chef samples....

23 hours ago, Sawyer said:

Hey Blackwater— You May have not always been healthy, but YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN IN THE GAME!  

TINY BUBBLES should be an easy number for you and the band!  Don Ho trivia—Did you know he was an ACE in the Korean War.  Air Force Major!  SALUTE!

Didn’t know that!!  My dad was a WOJG in the Air Force during that conflict.  Tiny Bubbles!! LOL!!!

And thank you for the kind and encouraging words!!

I just had an unsettling thought!!  I don’t recall Sawyer ever holding a shooting school at Black Gold!!  This needs to be corrected!!

What about it, Sawyer??  You up to putting on a classroom this summer???

On 10/9/2019 at 10:39 PM, Titus A. Gnatsass, SASS #71705 said:

Is Whiskey Creek supplying the 'hillbilly poi'?  Wait a minute....maybe we don't need to be giving him any more ideas!:P

Why would you even mention "cowboy poi" this long before the event and give Whiskey Creek Johnson time to be inventive.   The real stuff is the menu item that nightmares are made of.  You know that WCJ will come up with something that will make poi taste like honey.

5 hours ago, Noz said:

Why would you even mention "cowboy poi" this long before the event and give Whiskey Creek Johnson time to be inventive.   The real stuff is the menu item that nightmares are made of.  You know that WCJ will come up with something that will make poi taste like honey.

Wouldn't "cowboy poi" be grits?  Just thinking about it is making me hungry.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:36 PM, Sawyer said:

His last rank was as a First Lieutenant.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 7:04 PM, Rolan Kraps, SASS # 24084 Life said:

Steampunk Hawaiian.  Challenge Accepted!

We must have photos. I envision Hawaiian shirts with colorful top hats and colorful framed goggles. D Bar J can make the hats for you. B)

PS I'd :wub: to go to Black Gold; but, am unsure of Kentucky in July. Is it anything like So. IL in June? That I've experienced. :(

1 hour ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

...PS I'd :wub: to go to Black Gold; but, am unsure of Kentucky in July. Is it anything like So. IL in June? That I've experienced. :(

The smiles and laughter make up for any kind of uncomfortable weather you might find at Ponderosa Pines.  Anita and I would love for you to come to Black Gold and we're absolutely positive you would have a great time!

Oh, don't forget...

Southern ladies don't sweat...they glisten.  But sometimes when it's real hot, they glisten like pigs.  :o

1 hour ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

His last rank was as a First Lieutenant.

We must have photos. I envision Hawaiian shirts with colorful top hats and colorful framed goggles. D Bar J can make the hats for you. B)

PS I'd :wub: to go to Black Gold; but, am unsure of Kentucky in July. Is it anything like So. IL in June? That I've experienced. :(

It's like Tennessee in July, it's HOT but they have some shade and covered stages so it ain't real bad. It is a PARTY!!

Randy

1 hour ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

It's like Tennessee in July, it's HOT but they have some shade and covered stages so it ain't real bad. It is a PARTY!!

Randy

And we have eletrick fans on all the stages!

Archived