SASS Wire Forum

Who shoots an 1847 Walker at matches ?

Fence Cutter

Do you shoot it cap and ball or have a conversion cylinder in it?

Probably not the fastest, but sometimes fun trumps speed....

Go ahead, show it off with some pictures too please......

1 minute ago, Fence Cutter said:

Do you shoot it cap and ball or have a conversion cylinder in it?

Probably not the fastest, but sometimes fun trumps speed....

Go ahead, show it off with some pictures too please......

Conversion.   Below is the first time I used it at a match.   I wanted to pair it with my Dragoon, but the conversion cylinder had not arrived yet, so that day I paired it with a "milspec" SAA clone.   I had much fun.  

BTW, I've got the cylinder for the Dragoon now, so the pairing will soon happen.   :)

I found those Walkers for Badger! Sure glad to see him puttin’ ‘em to use!!

Fire ‘n’ Fallback will pull out a Walker or two now and then!

I shoot cap guns when,

I shoot cap guns .

And I shoot cartridge guns ,

when I shoot cartridge guns .

If you think about it. 

This gives us another justification to buy more guns .

20180606_174124.thumb.jpg.a7fecbee2812077234196b8cd7280c7e.jpgIMG_20180430_202557_933.thumb.jpg.8935da1147aca5694aa7f9b38acfaeda.jpg

Interesting thing.  Both the Walker above and my Dragoon have been converted to fire cartridges.   With the Walker, the loading lever never falls.  With the Dragoon, it does it pretty regularly.   I am shooting fairly mild smokeless loads or the above seen smokey stuff.

I have shot my Walker paired up with my 1851 Navy snubbie at a few matches and had a great time. I use a cross draw with the Walker which makes it easier to draw. One of the pards I shoot with shoots gunfighter with his Walkers with conversion cylinders. I have trouble reaching the hammer on my Walker but can make it through 6 stages without any issues. DC

One of our shooters, Chaos Jumbles, shoots a Walker on one side and a Dragoon on the other.  To keep people off of his case about shooting the modern Dragoon, he shoots an 1860 Uberti for his rifle and a hammered double 10 for his shotgun.

There is never any question who it is when Chaos starts a stage.

Here is a video of Chaos Jumbles as the first shooter, Noz officiating.

Classic guns deserve classical background music!!

Big Ol Brad provides a 10 gauge finale.

I try to shoot Josey Wales at every opportunity. I wear the Walkers on my belt and have a ‘51 and a ’60 in the double shoulder holster. It gives me many options in choosing which pistols I use for rifle targets and pistol targets. 
not sure why the video did not play. 

2 hours ago, John E.B. Rawton said:

not sure why the video did not play. 

I'm betting it was shot on an Apple IPhone.  I have a Samsung Android. I have a buddy that sends me MOV files from his IPhone. My video viewing app just won't recognize it.  Probably Window,  etc will.  I just wanted to see how you pulled those Walkers. 

I shot 5 pistols in our monthly match today.  I staged a pair I used on rifle targets. I had a cross draw belt holster I used for shotgun.  I staged it like I would a shotgun.  Had one stage with 6 shotgun targets.  I loaded 5 at the table and a 6th on the clock.

Archived