SASS Wire Forum

Archery and 3D Printing

Yul Lose

My son in law that’s 3 years older than me retired about a year ago from Sprint and has a very technical background. Well he also got into archery years ago and decided to take it up again. Well he dug out his bow and arrows from the attic and the roof rats had eaten all of the fletching off of the arrows. He has a couple of 3D printers and decided to see what was available on thingyverse, a 3D site with hundreds of thousands of things that you can download to build on your 3D printer. Well he came up with this integral knock fletching print that he’s going to try out. He gave me this one as a sample. It’s pretty cool.

6F8C472A-4F07-49C1-8583-2C1F7522B4F8.jpeg

C12B767E-23EB-4327-BD31-23E85042E352.jpeg

ADE97023-718D-4DE4-9C5C-56B07C510D4A.jpeg

94BF899C-5907-49C2-810C-E06DDA5F61B6.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Not that hard to imagine, daughter married an older guy.

Much older and my wife is older than me. Whenever I introduce him it’s always “ and this is my son in law that’s three years older than me”. He smiles but my wife hates it and I usually get a jab in the ribs for it.

Yul,

That’s pretty neat. My friend offered to 3D print me some grip panels for a 1911, but I don’t own a 1911. 

Folks are making som pretty cool stuff with those 3D printers.

8 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Much older and my wife is older than me. Whenever I introduce him it’s always “ and this is my son in law that’s three years older than me”. He smiles but my wife hates it and I usually get a jab in the ribs for it.

Same with me, my son-in-law was a few years older than me. Heck of a nice guy. Died a few years ago from the effects of Agent Orange. Damn stuff!

3D fletching is cool but turkeys do it better,

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Yul,

That’s pretty neat. My friend offered to 3D print me some grip panels for a 1911, but I don’t own a 1911. 

Folks are making som pretty cool stuff with those 3D printers.

It’s amazing what you can build with a 3D printer and they are getting cheaper all of the time. SIL built his last one with his other 3D printer, except for the metal guide rods and other metal hardware. They even have stainless steel filament now and that will print stainless steel parts but the filament is $400.00 per spool.

3 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Guy at work printed 3D grip panels for an older semi-auto. They came out nice and kind of have a wood grain look to them.

The ones that my SIL prints not only look like wood but have a nice texture that is not slick but more like a checkered feel.

On 10/9/2019 at 5:29 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Man was at a revival, and the spirit came upon him, and he got up and went down front to testify.

He started confessing his sins, and every time he did the preacher would yell

TELL IT ALL, BROTHER, TELL IT ALL

I embezzled money from where I work

I cheated on my wife, with her sister

I've got a moonshine still back up in Miller's swamp

And last night I snuck into Frank Johnson's pasture and had sex with a goat

The preacher looked up at him and said, DAMN BROTHER, I DON'T THINK I'DA TOLD THAT ONE

On 10/9/2019 at 5:29 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I don’t own a 1911. 

DAMN BROTHER, I DON'T THINK I'DA TOLD THAT ONE

First rule of gun ownership: Never sell!

1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

That's caused from you hitting your head everytime you fall off your scooter. :P

OLG

No, I prefer Glocks. They are more reliable, in my opinion. 

(The crowd booed and hissed at Pat Riot)

Smith & Wesson DA revolvers, Ruger Single actions and Glocks. Reliability is what matters to me. ;)

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

No, I prefer Glocks. They are more reliable, in my opinion. 

(The crowd booed and hissed at Pat Riot)

Smith & Wesson DA revolvers, Ruger Single actions and Glocks. Reliability is what matters to me. ;)

Boo hiss, boo hiss

57 minutes ago, Calamity Kris said:

You are not alone my friend.  I don't either.

Understandable-Look who you married...................:D:P:lol:

Lets see-Plastic vs steel...........^_^

And YES it's true--Ima:wub: lost a bet...........:lol:

OLG

8 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Thanks for that classic.  Shows how convoluted family relationships can get.  I once attended a double wedding - widow and widower were getting married, and his son was marrying her daughter.  My dad, the youngest of 11, had a nephew that was only a year younger than he was.  Weird hearing him call my dad "Uncle."

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I once attended a double wedding - widow and widower were getting married, and his son was marrying her daughter

I hope the preacher pronounced the children man and wife first, because if he had pronounced the parents first, then the children would have been step-siblings, and their marriage would have probably been illegal.

4 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Understandable-Look who you married...................:D:P:lol:

Lets see-Plastic vs steel...........^_^

And YES it's true--Ima:wub: lost a bet...........:lol:

OLG

Now, now Lump.  Uno has at least one.  I don't know anything about it because I have no intention of shooting it but I do know he has al least one.

With the arthritis in my hand, the recoil would probably break my wrist.  That is why I don't own one......

Archived