SASS Wire Forum

East Pennsylvania Members?

Johnny Prince

If this is not allowed please delete.  I am using my phone and couldn’t see that I was breaking any rules.  I am excited to see this exists.  

I am not a member yet but stumbled into this.  I grew up doing civil war reenactment with my father and I currently do Milsim games and a very accurate modern German KSK impression.  I will be honest and say I stumbled into this by putting together a Halloween costume and very quickly getting sucked into the gear, details, etc.

Now I am considering actually purchasing a pistol or two and giving this a shot.  (No pun intended)... I need another expensive hobby that will confuse me wife!

Are there any active members around Milford, PA?

Welcome to the best game there is. I'm sure there are folks in your area: https://sassnet.com/clubs/Clubs_list.php?state=Pennsylvania

This really isn't that expensive compared to some other sports(e.g. Tournament Bass Fishing).

If you aren't a member how do you have SASS Number?

2 minutes ago, Tenhunter said:

There was a number below.. thought that was a dummy for Jon members.

Odd, well no matter.

I'd encourage you to reach out to a local club and join SASS and get an official number; you may be the first 110xxx number ;) (109xxx is the highest I've seen).

I moved here recently, I did not realize they were SASS.. but heck I didn’t even know about SASS.  I will have to try to go to one of their western days next year as I will not be ready for the next one unfortunately.

I don’t know any members there yet.  I have been stuck at public ranges.

9 minutes ago, Tenhunter said:

I moved here recently, I did not realize they were SASS.. but heck I didn’t even know about SASS.  I will have to try to go to one of their western days next year as I will not be ready for the next one unfortunately.

I don’t know any members there yet.  I have been stuck at public ranges.

Don't wait to be ready... Contact them and tell them you're coming. Ask if it would be possible to borrow what you don't have. If not you'll probably still get to shoot some after the match is over and folks will stumble over themselves to let you try out their guns.  If you can't shoot you can observe, learn, pick up brass, etc...

Don't feel like you need everything to get started. Jeans, long sleeve shirt, non-athletic shoes is all you really need.

@Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 will be along shortly with some more friendly advice ;)

Yes there is a club in MIlford.  I am the MD of a club closer to Central Pennsylvania where the sate match is held.  I am sure if you use the contact info and get a hold of Ziggady Zag, he'll be more than happy to offer up all the info you need.  Hope to see you along the trail.

2 hours ago, Tenhunter said:

If this is not allowed please delete.  I am using my phone and couldn’t see that I was breaking any rules.  I am excited to see this exists.  

I am not a member yet but stumbled into this.  I grew up doing civil war reenactment with my father and I currently do Milsim games and a very accurate modern German KSK impression.  I will be honest and say I stumbled into this by putting together a Halloween costume and very quickly getting sucked into the gear, details, etc.

Now I am considering actually purchasing a pistol or two and giving this a shot.  (No pun intended)... I need another expensive hobby that will confuse me wife!

Are there any active members around Milford, PA?

As Tyrel Cody mentioned the Matamoras club, the last match of the season is this coming Sunday.  Gunsmoke starts at 10a.

http://www.matamorasrodandgunclub.org/

Tyrel was right, look what showed up, me. Welcome to this great game,you may have to come a little south to play this winter, we are having the TN State Match  in two days, but we shoot through the winter. There are some clubs north and west of here that shoot regardless of weather. Wartrace cuts matches off at predicted high of 40f. But we schedule through the winter because it might be 55f in January. 

Anyway, get yourself a good hat and come play cowboy.

Imis

By all means stop by and introduce yourself, The Matamoras Mavericks are a great bunch and will make you feel right at home.

Tenhunter,

stop by Sunday. Great shoot with a great crew. Check out the website listed above and come out.  Bring your eye and ear protection.  

Gringo

Matamoras puts on a great monthly shoot and is not far from Milford.  Like others have said contact Ziggy.  He's a great cowboy and can help you out.  Show up this Sunday for their last shoot of the year.

Roper

I'm happy to hear that you visited Matamoras, met some of the cowboys, and got to shoot a little.  Now you will experience what so many of us in the northeast experience - cowboy withdrawal.  Spend your time getting your gear together and be ready to sling lead in the spring.  Welcome!

39 minutes ago, Black Hills Barb said:

I'm happy to hear that you visited Matamoras, met some of the cowboys, and got to shoot a little.  Now you will experience what so many of us in the northeast experience - cowboy withdrawal.  Spend your time getting your gear together and be ready to sling lead in the spring.  Welcome!

Yup, but it works well this year as it gives me time to get my poop in a group.  But yeah I am used to the winter ruining my hobbies..

Archived