SASS Wire Forum

Taylors & Company

High Spade Mikey Wilson

This past weekend the wife and I made our yearly extended weekend visit to the great state of Virginia visiting the Charlottesville area this year. Yesterday on the way home we stopped at the Taylors & Company store in Winchester. What a nice store with such a friendly staff! All CAS and Wild Bunch stuff and I could have done some serious damage to the pocket book if not for the wife keeping a eye on me. I do own a couple of Taylors & Co. firearms, and have nothing but good things to say about them. If you are ever in the area stop in to see them. I highly recommend the visit. 

You should of stopped on by and shot with us on Sunday at the Cavalier Cowboys. Taylors is a Cowboy Candy Store.

8 minutes ago, Major BS Walker Regulator said:

You should of stopped on by and shot with us on Sunday at the Cavalier Cowboys. Taylors is a Cowboy Candy Store.

Where is your club and when do you shoot? I may just do that next year on our trip back to Virginia.

Howdy

I cannot speak highly enough about Taylor's.

Back about 15 years ago or so I was interested in converting my old EuroArms Remington Cap & Ball revolver to fire cartridges.

I called up Taylor's and they said to ship the Remmie to them. They would fit a cylinder to it.

Hard to remember now, but I think the cylinder cost about $200. I shipped them the gun, and they fitted a cylinder to it FOR FREE! Yes, for free. All I had to do was ship them the gun, and pay for the cylinder.

Remmie.jpg

The cylinder was one of the Ken Howell style conversion cylinders for 45 Colt. Ken Howell was making them, but Taylors was the exclusive distributor. This style cylinder was available for a Uberti Remmie or a Pietta Remmie. Since mine was neither, Taylors suggested I send them the gun and they would determine which style cylinder would fit it best. Turned out the Pietta style cylinder fit it best. Taylors took a cylinder for a Pietta, which did not yet have the cylinder locking slots cut into it. Without altering my gun, they put the conversion cylinder on a fixture which would allow the locking slots to be cut into it in exactly the correct places for my Remmie. Then they shaved a little bit of metal off the front of the cylinder so it would fit into the cylinder window of the revolver. Then they blued the cylinder, which had been 'in the white'. They then shipped my revolver back to me, with the C&B cylinder in place, with the new cylinder in a little box inside the package. I did pay to ship my gun down to them, and paid for the new cylinder. They did the work for free, and paid to ship it back to me.

RemmieandCylinder.jpg

Not sure what the deal is for custom fitting cylinders today, but that was the story with my old Remmie.

I think Taylors is terrific.

The Cavalier Range is just east of Charlottesville off I- 64. We shoot the first Sunday of each month and the second Wednesday of each month year round. The Rivinna Rangers in Charlottesville shoot the second Saturday March through Dec.

5 hours ago, High Spade Mikey Wilson said:

Where is your club and when do you shoot? I may just do that next year on our trip back to Virginia.

1 minute ago, Lawman Mays said:

Yup, bought several guns from them. The best Cowboy store in Virginia.

That's funny, I thought everything you used were hand- me- downs.

Archived