SASS Wire Forum

Using Amazon for Good

You can direct Amazon to donate to the NRA based upon how much you buy.

My latest report:

"This is your quarterly AmazonSmile donation notification. Your charity, NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund, recently received a quarterly donation of $5,736.18 thanks to customers shopping at smile.amazon.com.

To date, AmazonSmile has donated a total of:

• $85,569.51 to NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund
  • $144,958,582.84 to all charities

Thank you for supporting NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund by shopping at smile.amazon.com. You can track your impact throughout the year at your My Impact page.

I get a chuckle everytime I see this - my own type of Social Justice.

LL

Wow! I did not know about this. I always buy through Amazon Smile with my Prime Account. I will have to look into this.

Now, I do like to donate to the other charities. They are all worthy but I will add the NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund into the mix. It’s hard to say no to charities like the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society or the other charities. Especially the charities helping children. 

I have switched my charity to the NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund. ;)

To do this, select “Account”

Scroll down to “Change my Charity”

Search for “NRA”

Here is what comes up: (screen shot from my phone)

68C40C3D-3398-4239-A750-A2E9C6BA21F8.thumb.png.7dabab3eac6320eb1211b5c10df2fca8.png

NOTE: the NRA - IATSE Local 

720 Training Fund has nothing to do with the Nat’l Rifle Assoc.

Thank you, Loophole :D

16 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Bravo, Loophole and Pat!

I've seen the question about donating to charity and always answered in the negative. You have given me an alternative.

Thank you!

Allie

It's kind of amazing, isn't it?  More than half the money donated to ALL charities in this program went to the NRA!!!

Says something about how dedicated NRA members are to responding with support for their interests.

Now, if we could double the number of folks who use this program, think what the numbers would be.  I'm willing to bet that most gun owners do not know about this program.

LL

Been doing this for awhile, however for the past few months, every time I access Amazon, I get asked to change to "Boston Medical Center" presumably because I indicated an interest to change to a different charitable organization (which I never have).

All this time I didn’t realize that these were options. I think when I started buying a lot of things for work using Amazon I signed up for Smile just for orneriness because the agency I worked for wanted us to mandatorily volunteer to work various parades and work on certain types of PC efforts within Portland. I started having Smile donate to cancer charities. Someone in our Financial department would have had a fit if I would have known about donating to the NRA through Smile.

I need to find out if I can do Smile through Amazon for Business at work tomorrow. :D

Archived