SASS Wire Forum

Winchester 1897's For Sale in Texas

wildphilhickup

HOWDY!

I got TWO Winchester Model 97's that I have decided to part with.  I have owned them for more than 10 years.   And I have only used them once or twice.

Why?  I got 3 other 97's that I shoot.

SPF - Crapshoot Kev - 1) 12 Gauge.  Never castrated.   30" Barrel.  Take down.  "E" Model   Serial Number 81611X.    Full choke.  Thinning bluing.  No Patina, "rust".   Nice smooth wood with usual dings, but none that are heavy.   Faint hairline crack just behind trigger guard, about one inch long.   Winchester added red butt pad.   Mechanically Excellent.    $550.00 shipped to your FFL.  $525.00

2) 16 Gauge.   Never castrated.  28" Barrel.  Take down.  "E" Model.  Serial Number 88345X.   Modified Choke.  Very good bluing - Original? - may have been re-blued sometime in its life before me.   Very Nice Dark Wood.   No Cracks.   Pachmayr Added Butt Pad.   Mechanically "Perfect".   One of them SASS cowpokes had tuned it up for me.    His name was Beaver Snatcher or sumpthin' like that..   $650.00 shipped to your FFL.  $625.00

*** If I have to ship from my FFL, add $50.00 

THANKS!

DSCN3477.JPG

DSCN3478.JPG

DSCN3479.JPG

DSCN3480.JPG

• 2 months later...

Where in TEXAS are ya?

I am East of the Trans Pecos, North of the Colorado River, West of the Great Sabine, and South of the Red River

* Or East of the 75, North of 635, South of 380, and West of 30. 

* Kind of near Wylie, Texas

Yee-Hah!   Texas sure is BIG! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2020 at 7:43 PM, Cotton said:

Interested in trade on 12 gauge

Hi!

Sorry, cash sale only.

THANKS!

Wild Phil Hickup

Crapshoot Kev,

No question is ever stupid.  Silly maybe, but not stupid.

Will send PM on details for making the deal.

THANKS!

16 Gauge.   Never castrated.  28" Barrel.  Take down.  "E" Model.  Serial Number 88345X.   Modified Choke.  Very good bluing - Original? - may have been re-blued sometime in its life before me.   Very Nice Dark Wood.   No Cracks.   Pachmayr Added Butt Pad.   Mechanically "Perfect".   One of them SASS cowpokes had tuned it up for me.    His name was Beaver Snatcher or sumpthin' like that..   $650.00 shipped to your FFL.  $625.00   $600.00

*** If I have to ship from my FFL, add $50.00 

THANKS!

Archived