SASS Wire Forum

97 TTN Clone

Texas ShaDi

Believe what you are referring to is a variant made by Poly Tech.   Mixed reviews but most are negative.     Hopefully somebody else will confirm or tell me I am wrong     GW

Norinco (Chinese) directly imported fairly good 97 clones in the 90s.

IAC (US importer) brought in better 97 clones starting about 2002 (?) when the Bush admin shut down Norinco's shotgun imports.  These will be IAC-marked Norincos, essentially, with much more attention paid to tolerances and quality, also real American walnut furniture.  Coyote Cap cooperated with IAC in bringing in many of these.   He made several improvements to IAC's model and had a batch labeled with "CB" serial prefix that arrived in the US about 2009.   Of all the Chinese guns, these are the top of the line.   Next would be IAC guns with serial numbers starting 06 or higher (frame made 2006 or later).  

The Polytech (Poly Technologies, another Chinese company) 97 clone has not been very well received due to very poor tolerances, materials and quality control.   

Contact Outlaw Gambler (great pard on the wire) if you are still looking for a Chinese 97 clone.  He's a big stocker of those guns, and real Winchesters too.

Good luck, GJ

If it is labeled as TTN, it might be decent.    When TTN got bought by Cimarron, all the TTN pump guns had  been disassembled, and they got re-marked with Polytech and Cimarron on the barrels, but the parts were re-assembled to random guns, not the guns they came out of.  This caused assorted problems with some of the guns.  At least, that's the way I understand it.  I don't recall too many reviews of the gun back when TTN was selling them.  I have a Polytech that is pretty good other than weak ejection.

40 minutes ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

My wife is selling here CB97. PM me if you’re interested.

In my opinion, the CB97's are the finest 97's out there.

If I didn't already own a couple, I would make you an offer.

..........Widder

The TTN is not a very good. There are other "not very good 97s" but I won't get into that list. A good 97, Norinco, IAC, or Winchester, in safe and proper working order can be found in the $450 to $550 price range. CAS action work increases the price from there. Garrison Joe nailed it on the order of quality 97's.

When the TTN 97's first came out I purchased 3 or 4 of them.  After working on them I decided that I wouldn't touch another one.

There were some that ran fine, but the majority didn't and it took a excess amount of work to make them shootable.

J.M.

Archived