SASS Wire Forum

Pain Scale

Subdeacon Joe

On 10/9/2019 at 8:06 PM, Calamity Kris said:

I have a VERY high tolerance for pain.  I have fractured bones and not realized it.   (Getting hit with a foul tip in the top of my cleats, I thought I could just walk it off.....)  When the oncology nurse hooked up my chemo drip and I felt the searing, acidic burn start into the back of my hand, I almost ripped the arm rests off the chair.  It took everything I had to keep from screaming at the top of my lungs.  A little while later when I turned red and stopped breathing, they knew something was wrong..........

Yes, not breathing is usually a bad sign.

Glad you pulled through it OK.

I guess I was lucky when the dentist pulled my wisdom teeth: He gave me a general anesthetic and knocked me out.

After my heart surgery, over 60 years ago, when I was a youth, the P.T. was really bad. (They went in through the back and under arm, cutting a lot of muscle and ribs)

Moving the left arm had me yelling and brought tears to my eyes.

My prostate cancer didn't cause me any pain.

The treatments and their side effects however, while not painful per se, are not to be discussed in polite company. :ph34r:

Pain hit me so bad one time I was knocked unconscious and I fell head first through bathroom cabinet door. So imagine my head in the cabinet, me naked and unconscious on a cold tile floor. These episodes hit me 2-3 times a year. That was the only time it knocked me out. I wish it would knock me out each time. Some spells last 5-10 minutes, others 45-60 minutes. All this because a person decided not to use their brakes one day.....

Archived